Could the Appdata files be useful in reconstructing a lost config.ini file? (quicken 2015)

Gunnarlive
Gunnarlive Quicken Windows 2016 Member ✭✭

Had to wipe parents computer and sadly only recovered their quicken 2015 backup files. I see now with the quicknperlwiz advice, that to reinstall and use quicken 2015 one must update with a patch and to have your config quicken.ini file from your previous installation.

I did not back up the quicken.ini file, although I did have the Appdata.

In Appdata/Roaming/Intuit/Quicken/Log/CONNLOG it has:

Entering GetUserInfoInternal

"UserId":"[string of numbers is here],"username":"[username listed is here]","namespaceId":"[string of numbers]

Also in AppData/Roaming/Intuit/Quicken/Data/intuprof it has:

[Products]
Online Quicken Software Registration=1
QW=1

—I am curious that to reinstall one will need their original quicken.ini file… could one simply reconstruct this from the app data? For example although it does not have a "registration ID" listed in the data, it does have "userId" listed. Could anyone confirm if their 2015 quicken.ini file in Program Data has simply a string of numbers for this? Could these be identical for these purposes?I attempted to copy paste all my app data onto a fresh installation of quicken 2015, updated with a patch and did the qcknperlwiz editing of the quicken.ini file and this DID allow me to view and edit my backup file for one session! After I closed the program and reloaded the file it no longer worked and sent back to the blank screen.

This discussion has been closed.