Nothing else on this system fails to run, just Quicken.
Old issue that has NEVER been addressed by Quicken.
[Edited - Enabled Link]
@FTERoo At some point it may be worth considering the cost-benefit of continued troubleshooting. You've posted multiple times about MSI Clean and Quicken update problems on this Windows 10 system, while you've also reported that this issue doesn't happen on your Windows 11 system.
I'm not suggesting that Windows 10 is necessarily the root cause, but if Quicken is running reliably on your Windows 11 machine and continues to require extensive troubleshooting on the Windows 10 machine, you may want to consider making the Windows 11 system your primary Quicken computer. Sometimes the most practical solution is to use the environment that is consistently working rather than continuing to invest time in diagnosing an issue that has persisted through multiple updates and repair attempts.
Also, with only 8 GB of RAM and an older Windows 10 installation, it's possible that other factors unrelated to Quicken are contributing to the update and installer issues you're seeing.
You're correct, of course. I also haven't done the disk cleanup steps you recommended. I AM actively trying to retire the Windows 10 system, but haven't been able to focus all my "projects time" on that when literally EVERYTHING else still works.
I cannot be the only person with a working Windows 10 system, so honestly, I've pushed on this because I've been seeing if there's ANY response from Quicken about it. Crickets.
I did VC/Leveraged buyout work for a while and have had a finance career. Quicken is owned by a VC company. The goal in that world is to flip it. Make some basic improvements, pump up the revenues and "Potential", brutally control costs, and sell.
The brutally control costs is at work. I just hoped it wasn't. I've watched NAME BRANDS die, live and in person. I'm more than a little concerned about Quicken's survival as a platform. 😔
I've been a User since 1986.
Update. Let it run overnight.
It finished:
[Edited - Readability/Screenshot]