Still getting a CC-501 error when trying to update Fidelity Investments accounts.
Hi @snydermws,
Thank you for sharing what you’re experiencing.
The error you initially mentioned is related to the ongoing community alert. However, I checked your account, and it is now returning an FDP-350 error, which should be resolved by reauthorizing the account.
Do you see a “Fix It” button? If so, please click it and follow the prompts to reauthorize the account.
Once you’ve completed the steps, please let me know how it goes.
There is not a "fix it" button with the error message. I don't get the FDP-350 error on my screen. There is a "Try Again" button where you show the "Fix It" button should be.
Thank you for providing that information. I suggest clicking the "Try Again" button to initiate the reauthorization process.
If the reauthorization flow doesn't appear or continues to fail with the CC-501 error, I suggest manually refreshing the connection by deactivating and then reconnecting the account.
Before following these troubleshooting steps, I recommend creating a backup of your Quicken file.
To deactivate the account:
Before reconnecting the account, I also suggest removing Quicken’s existing authorization from your financial institution’s website:
I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes!
I followed your instructions to manually activate and deactivate. I have 5 Fidelity accounts. After re-authorizing all 5 accounts on Fidelity's site, I updated Quicken again. Only 2 of the 5 accounts updated. I closed the Quicken app, reopened it and updated again and the remainder of the accounts updated. Thanks for your help.
I'm glad to hear you were able to get all five Fidelity accounts updating successfully after following the steps above to deactivate and reactivate the accounts and reauthorize them on Fidelity's website.
Thank you for coming back and sharing what worked for you. Your feedback may also be helpful to other members who run into the same issue.
If you encounter any other errors or issues with your Fidelity accounts, please feel free to reach out. We're happy to help.