Quicken is not downloading transactions from Fidelity

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I am a long time user of Quicken but a new user to Quicken for Mac.  Quicken is successfully downloading transactions from my bank and all financial with the exception of Fidelity.  My wife and I have multiple accounts at Fidelity.  Some work, others do not.  I can see the transactions online at Fidelity but they are not getting updated in Quicken.  I don't see any errors when Quicken does a download.  It just does not bring in the new transactions.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Are these employer based accounts, such as a 401K?  If so, you need to connect to Fidelity NetBenefits as the financial institution.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Good question, no they aren't.  The NetBenefits ones work fine.  The three accounts in questions successfully downloaded when I switched from Q-Win to Q-Mac but have not since (rather than converting my existing Quicken for Windows file I started from scratch with each institution).
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    Are all of the accounts accessible from a single Fidelity web login?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Rick, all of the accounts that are not downloading are, yes.
  • RickO
    edited January 2017

What about the accounts that are downloading, are those associated with the same or a different Fidelity login?

Bottom line: you can only have one Fidelity login active in one Quicken file. If the accounts are associated with two different logins, your choices are:

1) maintain them in two separate Quicken files, or 

2) make them accessible from a single Fidelity login by granting access to those accounts to the other user.

Note: to accomplish number 2 on the Fidelity website, go to Accounts & Trade > Account Features > Authorized Access & Account Registration > Edit Authorized Access. Then add access to the accounts for the other user. I think "Inquiry Access" will be sufficient to download using Quicken, but I know that "Limited Authority" is definitely sufficient since that's what I use.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017

Tx I will check that out.  I never had any issues with accessing all these accounts with Quicken for Windows.  I assume the limitation you mentioned is for the Mac version which I know is a much more basic product?  Any thoughts as to why Quicken-Mac did the initial download for all the accounts?
  • RickO
    edited January 2017

Don't know. I may be wrong about the single login restriction, but that's been my understanding, and that's how I've set it up on my file.

Maybe somebody else will chime in if they have different/other info to add.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017

Rick do you know how in Quicken Mac I can determine the institutions that each account is reaching out to?  I looked through the menus but can't seem to find it.
  • RickO
    edited January 2017

Okay, eating crow... I was wrong, I just changed the login for one of our Fidelity accounts in a test file, and I'm able to access different accounts with two different logins. Seems like at some point in the past I wasn't able to do that, but it works now with QM2017 4.4.1.  

So bottom line, I have no idea what's going on with your missing Fidelity transactions. Sorry. I've had pretty good help from Fidelity's tech wizards at 800-544-7595. You may want to give that a try.
  • RickO
    edited January 2017

Rick do you know how in Quicken Mac I can determine the institutions that each account is reaching out to?  I looked through the menus but can't seem to find it.
    Look a menu Accounts > Settings. The Financial Institution is listed right near the top under "Downloads". It should be "Fidelity Investments Mac" for your accounts.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017

Rick, thank you for your help/  I figured out what the problem was.  I had no financial institution set up for these accounts.  I don't understand why as the initial download worked.  I went back and added them one by one, deleted some dupes and it seems to be working.  Tx for all your help!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017

I had a similar problem when my wife started with a new employer that offered a 403B through Fidelity NetBenefits. Years earlier she had worked for a company that offered a 401K. Her log in to Fidelity was the exactly the same. I tried for the longest time trying to download her new account into Quicken but to no avail. Then I realized that I still had the old 401K account on Quicken but hidden in the account list. Once I deleted that old 401K, zip, everything worked great.
This discussion has been closed.