how do I make a report of all transactions of an individual security

Pat Varey
Pat Varey Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I am running Mac OS 10.12.6, with Quicken(Canada)  2017 v 4.5.8 - having recently migrated from Q 2008. I NEED reports on several securities with ALL transactions included. I can't figure out how to do this, and am unable to find the answer in the Community section. Help, please!

Comments

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Open the investment account register in Transactions view.
    Set the Date filter to All Dates.
    Key in the security name in the Search field at upper-right.

The filtered register will will display all activity for the particular security.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Pat Varey
    Pat Varey Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ah Ha! That works very well. However - I did not mention (in my original post) that the securities in question are ones bought and sold in the past. . .Sorry about that!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017
    Pat Varey said:

Ah Ha! That works very well. However - I did not mention (in my original post) that the securities in question are ones bought and sold in the past. . .Sorry about that!

The suggestion from JM should work for you if you are viewing All Dates. However, if you have never entered your Buys and Sells, there is no way Quicken can retrieve that information.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The Buy/Sell dates should not matter - setting the date range to All Dates will cover this.

If some of the history is in hidden accounts, you will need to unhide those accounts.

Also, if a security is/was held in more than one account, select the Investing group header instead of an individual account - this will include all activity for all investment accounts in the register.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    As an aside, QM2017 is NOT a Canadian version...it is technically a US version that happens to support some Canadian banks and FIs...Also, there was never a QM2008. Last old version was QM2007, unless you are talking about having converted from QW2008 to QM2017. 

This does not impact your issue...just wanted to clear things up though.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.