QMac: bond value disappears

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I have one brokerage account that is updated by Quicken download. Suddenly the value of all the bonds is zero. If I change the date to Oct 12 the bonds have their value. If I change it to Oct 13, they are all zero. All the transactions are fine but the market value of that account is significantly wrong because of this. What could be wrong? How do I fix it?  Thanks.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I can only guess that a bad (zero) price quote has been downloaded for Friday, Oct. 13th.

For each security that has bad prices edit the price history and either delete the bad price record or change it to the correct closing price.
    You can also use the Investing Tab's Portfolio view, set to "As of Date: 10/13/17" and directly edit the price quote to update it to what it should be.

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Carol, when you look at your Bonds in the Portfolio view what do you see Oct 13?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Carol, when you look at your Bonds in the Portfolio view what do you see Oct 13?

They are all there. They have their face values but in the column labeled "value" they all have --. If I change the date to Oct 12, that column has the appropriate numbers.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017

In PV how are these shown for you?image
    When you switch to Oct 20 what do you see?

Is there anything on Oct 13 which could have added  some placeholders in the account register?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Yes, your screenshot above looks like mine. (Was that your question?)
    Every day starting Oct 13 and afterward, including Oct 20 has -- in the value column in Portfolio Value view. If I change to Unrealized Gain view the value column is $0.00 for every bond.
    There are two transactions on Oct 13: a small interest payment and an ACH transfer out of the interest payment. 
    The only placeholders in the account are in January when the account was opened.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Update.... the problem has persisted until today. Now it's miraculously fixed with no further attention on my part. All the bonds now have their correct value in Quicken. I did buy a new bond the other day. Maybe that triggered something in the file. Weird. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.