Porfolio View Issues Quicken Mac 2018 Deluxe

tcburke3
tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Mac)
in portfolio view for investments i used to get different headings for bonds vs. stocks & mutual funds: with rate, face value, and maturity. is this no longer available, or is it in premier?

ALSO i used to be able to copy the info out of the portfolio view and paste into an excel spreadsheet. i cannot highlight and copy the portfolio view anymore, nor can i export the data. same questions, is this no longer available, or is it in premier?

please help, both of these issues are deal-breakers

Comments

• Lyn Buddenhagen
    Lyn Buddenhagen Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Sorry no one has answered so far, tcburke, QM2018 is so new. If you figure it out yourself be sure to post! (I have not upgraded from QM2017 at this point, but wanted you to know that there ARE people out here listening.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Sorry no one has answered so far, tcburke, QM2018 is so new. If you figure it out yourself be sure to post! (I have not upgraded from QM2017 at this point, but wanted you to know that there ARE people out here listening.)

If QM2017 continues to work, why update to a subscription base program? Not a rant just a question.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited October 2017

Because people think they are getting something new, improved and added.

All they got instead is one to two years less of downloading transactions they'll have to pay for and a boatload of aggravation of new bugs in the new version. 
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

hi guys - can we keep this thread for help on the problem i've addressed and take your grievances to twitter or reddit or 4chan? thanks
  • cneal
    cneal Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The drop down lists over the portfolio. Try Potfolio Value and Group by Type.
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Does not give a separate heading for fixed income securities with face value rate and maturity. Nor does it allow me to highlight the securities and copy
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Have not gotten on QM18 , in the customize columns can you add those to the portfolio view?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Have not gotten on QM18 , in the customize columns can you add those to the portfolio view?

Where is "customize columns" in QM17? I can't find it. What Quicken version are you running that has "customize columns"?
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

I think Concordman might be referring to View>Columns, where you can choose what columns to show, however, for Investment Accounts that is only available in Transactions view, not Portfolio view, in QM2017 (don't know about 2018 but I assume it is the same).
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    tcburke3 said:

Does not give a separate heading for fixed income securities with face value rate and maturity. Nor does it allow me to highlight the securities and copy

"Does not give a separate heading for fixed income securities with face value rate and maturity." Assume you mean for individual bonds? I don't own any, but nice to know it is in 2017 and this should be there in 2018 if I ever do.

"Nor does it allow me to highlight the securities and copy" That would consider that a pretty bad bug to make it past testing. I haven't upgraded yet. Are others seeing this with 2018? 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017

I understand one can customize. The columns in QM18. Not doable in QM17. I just downloaded QM 18, will take it for a spin tomorrow, watching the bb game which takes presidenceq over QM18... At least for tonight
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    tcburke3 said:

Just downloaded QM18, will give it a spin tomorrow & reply to you question
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The issue is that in a mixed portfolio of stocks and bonds, QM17 puts different headings above the fixed income positions . On QM18, yes, you can choose your headings, BUT those apply to the entire portfolio no matter security type AND there is no option for rate, five value, or maturity. To make worse, you can not highlight and copy the portfolio view to paste in a spreadsheetimageimage
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Totally agree, there were features in QM17 which should be integrated into QM18, this is one of them
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Quicken fixed this issue a few yrs ago in QM16, looks like a bit of retrenchment. This is what we have in QM17 & need to add these column options: rate/coupon, maturity, face Value, % of par/bid. The challenge appears to be whatever change you make to any investment account column show up in all investment accounts..
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Exactly, it worked well in 17, even though couldn’t specify which columns
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    hi Quicken, you still don't have the option to list bond coupon, maturity and face value in 2019, this is essential. what gives?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Quicken for Mac 2019 has added Export to CSV, etc. Available through the "Share Icon"
  • tcburke3
    tcburke3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    right, that's been available for a while, but i still cannot get bonds listed with coupon, maturity & face value like i could in quicken 2017
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    tcburke3 said:

right, that's been available for a while, but i still cannot get bonds listed with coupon, maturity & face value like i could in quicken 2017

tcburke3, I agree proper bond pricing is a missing functionality that should get priority. However, I'm not sure this thread (Portfolio View Issues Quicken Mac 2018 Deluxe) is the right place to post this. I believe it's a functionality issue that needs to be added, and not a view issue that needs to be corrected.
This discussion has been closed.