Securities names do not appear in list when manually entering investment transactions

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I recently purchased Quicken Canada 2019 H&B (version R15.24) upgrading from Quicken 2015.

When I manually enter investment transactions, the Security Name field does not list all securities in the system. I have securities entered in the Security List that don't show up by name when I start typing.

I have to copy and paste the name of the security into the transaction to ensure that I've typed it consistently so that the transactions are typed properly. 

If I use the ticker symbol, the application asks me to add a security that is already in the securities list.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Check your securities list to see if that security is flagged as hidden.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018

Check your securities list to see if that security is flagged as hidden.

Thanks for the suggestion Rick, however, the securities that I am using are not hidden the in Securities list.
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Arctic Fox you might have hidden characters in your security names and/or Tickers.  I would go into each one and retype the name.  If you have a lot of securities, it might be easier to print out a security list first, and mark them off as you retype the security names, as you might need to "blank" out the names and then retype them in. 
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If a security has a type of Market Index, it will not normally appear in transaction pull-down offerings, by design. Market Index securities are not intended for transactions.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    q.lurker said:

If a security has a type of Market Index, it will not normally appear in transaction pull-down offerings, by design. Market Index securities are not intended for transactions.

@q.lurker, that did the trick! I had index funds funds set to a type of "Market Index". I changed the type to "Mutual Fund", et voila! The securities appear in the drop-down list! Thank you! :)
This discussion has been closed.