What investment software besides Quicken for Mac 2007 has the history of actions list???

Adele Dreyer
Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I'm using Q for Mac 2007
 for one reason only. The HISTORY of actions for each security showing Buys/Sells/Dividends, (date and how many and how much). Can't find this feature on any other app. Does anyone KNOW this feature on another app?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    That sounds like the Security Derail view in Quicken for Windows. I am not sure if the recent QMac versions have a similar feature.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    mshiggins said:

That sounds like the Security Derail view in Quicken for Windows. I am not sure if the recent QMac versions have a similar feature.

Current QMac doesn't have the Security Detail view like QM2007 and QWin. However, you can easily filter (search) the all Investments register for a give security and this will give you a list of every transaction for that security that you can further filter by date, account, etc and you can sort by any parameter (eg. date, transaction type, amount, etc). 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I haven't seen Quicken for Windows.  But it IS the Security detail, and looks like this, for example:

Acct      Date     Action    Shares   Price    Amt         Commission    Total Shares

Trust   2.17.18   Buy         1000         $17      $17,....         $4.95             5000  (long hold....)
    Trust   4.27.18   Dividend                              $2,500                               5000

WHY DOESN'T QUICKEN INCLUDE THIS IN THE NEW 2018 ETC PLATFORM?? MAC ????

• Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    mshiggins said:

There should be a LIST of SECURITIES.  PERIOD!!!
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The new QMac retains and will display the complete transaction history for a specified security.

Open the holding account to Transaction View.
    Key in the security name in the search box at upper right of display.
    Result is a filtered register view showing all history for the specified security.

Note - may need to set the twister register date filter; e.g., All Dates
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• RickO
    edited October 2018

I haven't seen Quicken for Windows.  But it IS the Security detail, and looks like this, for example:

Acct      Date     Action    Shares   Price    Amt         Commission    Total Shares

Trust   2.17.18   Buy         1000         $17      $17,....         $4.95             5000  (long hold....)
    Trust   4.27.18   Dividend                              $2,500                               5000

As I mentioned above, you can generate something very close to this by filtering and adjusting columns in the Investing register...

• Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

OK, that looks good.  What is that?  Windows? or Mac?   And what release???
  • RickO
    edited October 2018

That's QMac 2019 5.8.1
  • Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

And that feature is new to Mac 2019 (in the search?)????

I didn't get that screen in Q 2018.

Because if so, I'll buy 2019 and try to move up from 2007.  I just upgraded to Mojave... and am afraid next upgrade I'll lose Q 2007.
  • Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Note - may need to set the twister register date filter; e.g., All Dates.... (FROM ABOVE).

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
  • RickO
    edited October 2018

Note - may need to set the twister register date filter; e.g., All Dates.... (FROM ABOVE).

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

I think there's a typo. JM was just saying you may need to set the Date filter (that you can see in my screenshot).
  • Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

OK....So, I'll go buy 2019....   and hope I can get the tools I need.  

Are you guys Quicken techs????
  • RickO
    edited October 2018

The availability of this view is unchanged from QM2018. It sounds like you just didn't know how to find it or set it up. Do you still have QM2018?

Here are the steps:
    1. Click the "Investing" register in the sidebar.
    2. Click the "Transactions" button to switch from Portfolio to Transaction view.
    3. Click in the search box, upper right, then click the magnifying glass and select Security/Payee, then type the name of the security in the search box.
    4. Right-click on the column heading bar to choose which columns you want displayed (or use menu View > Columns).
    5. Grab and drag the column headers into the order you want the columns.
    6. Drag the divider between column headers to adjust column width.
    7. Click a column header to sort by that column. Click again to reverse the sort.
    8. Adjust the Date, Account, Type and Status filters as desired. In the Accounts filter, you can click on several accounts to get just a particular subset of accounts displayed.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Wow - that was a typo - spell checker gone wild??  
    I meant "transaction register".
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• RickO
    edited October 2018

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

We are fellow users like yourself, but enjoy helping people out here on the forum and so have been designated as "superusers". We are not Quicken employees.
  • Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Yeah... "Twister" is a dance! (60's)...
    Once I get into Q'19, I'll get back to you.
  • Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

I'll keep your notes, thank you both for your help.  I'm older than both of you put together, no doubt!  Been using Q since the '90's, I think.  I've been Treasurer of big organizations, held Quicken workshops to get fellow piano teachers (me) to help in their studios, and continue w/a non-profit using Q 2018 just fine.  But I'm doing my own investing.  And doing very well.  Take a look at NRZ today!!!  over 11% dividend.  In low $17.... very good buy.  Wish me luck on Q 2019.
  • RickO
    edited October 2018

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

I'm older than both of you put together, no doubt!
    That would easily make you the worlds oldest person! Are you in the Guinness Book of Records? (I've been using Quicken since the 90s too.)
  • Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

I've now upgraded to Q Mac '19.  I'm pretty well-versed in the steps above.

Q:  Is there a way of exporting a Q 2007 file w/all data include price of shares back, say 5 or 10 years and important that into the new Q file?  

FIDELITY only provides "price" of shares bought starting in @ September, 2017.
  • RickO
    edited October 2018

You can click menu File > Import > Quicken Mac 2007 File. This will import your QM07 file to QM19. However, folks have reported varying success in getting the investment side of things to come over accurately. Let us know how it goes.
  • Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    I have been able to go this route:  Account>Transactions> Q: security symbol.

This brings up the transactions EXCEPT the dividends !!!!  I need to see the DIVIDENDS ADDED, which are downloaded digitally from Fidelity and ID'D as Dividend Income listed under Type.  So.....????  That is MISSING FROM QUICKEN!
This discussion has been closed.