Cloud Sync Error: Parameter institutionLoginId must be specified for this request

I found a post regarding this error but I don't understand the solution. If I can't delete a current dataset, how do I solve this issue?

Quicken 2019 Premiere R21.16.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• bpoppe1953
    bpoppe1953 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    After being on the phone with a Quicken rep for over 2 hours. I deactivated all my accounts and reactivated them. Wha-la.... the errors disappeared.

Answers

• bpoppe1953
    bpoppe1953 Member ✭✭
    Quicken 2019 R21.16 Windows updated 8/21/19. Quicken will not sync with my credit union Oklahoma's Credit Union. Ran Validate and Repair and did not get error message.

Now What?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the error message you get when downloading transactions from Oklahoma's Credit Union?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • bpoppe1953
    bpoppe1953 Member ✭✭
    The error message is:

The account "Rewards Debit" was not synced.
    Parameter institutionLoginid must be specified for this request
  • bpoppe1953
    bpoppe1953 Member ✭✭
    8/23/19 10am Forwarded info via "Report a Problem" to Support
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    Do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If no, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID, but on the following screen make sure you select the "Don't use mobile" option and move through the remainder of the process. 
      [Please note: The mobile sync option is the default here.]

• bpoppe1953
    bpoppe1953 Member ✭✭
    I do use Mobile Banking. I followed the directions, signed out. Then signed back in. I entered the Vault Password for the sync. Unfortunately I have the same errors. I didn't notice this before but the mobile app only displays my credit cards. All of the bank account info ie. 2 checking accts and savings acct do not show up on the mobile app anymore.

thank you for your help. Keep thinking. There has got a way to clear the error.
    Barbara
  • bpoppe1953
    bpoppe1953 Member ✭✭
    NOW I am getting a ton errors with dates in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 with a message to refresh my data. What does that mean. C'mon.. I need my mobile quicken fixed sooner than later please. HELP!!!
  • bpoppe1953
    bpoppe1953 Member ✭✭
    I don't know how to call Quicken support./ I keep getting put back to the Community.
  • Hello bpoppe1953,

I apologize that you have not yet received a response. 

Contact information for Quicken Support can be found here: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• Dennis Estoll
    Dennis Estoll Member ✭✭
    When I sync to cloud for my mobile device, I receive the following error.
    "The account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was not synced. Parameter institutionLoginId must be specified for the request."

I cannot determine where to make the update.
  • Hello Dennis Estoll,

I apologize you are experiencing issues with syncing to your mobile device.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You may find that by going to Help>About Quicken. 

Please reference https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app for more information and troubleshooting steps regarding issues with mobile sync.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Support, as they have the ability to do more in-depth troubleshooting with you. Contact info for Support can be found here.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• bpoppe1953
    bpoppe1953 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    After being on the phone with a Quicken rep for over 2 hours. I deactivated all my accounts and reactivated them. Wha-la.... the errors disappeared.
This discussion has been closed.