Budget report pulling incorrect budget for reports

Using Quicken 2019 R22.17

Planning>Budget Actions>Budget Reports>Current Budget

The budget #'s under Planning are correct and my benchmark. When I select a budget report (example above) to view for a specific month, the budget report seems to be pulling numbers from some unknown place. The selected budget names are identical for both the planning and budget reports.

Any thoughts?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I switched to another budget name in both places to see if they were matching then switched back to my main working budget. It's working now. The strange thing is I pick my budget #3 on planning and use that same budget under the reports and they don't match. The other two seem to match now in both areas.

When I first looked at the report before dropping this question it had a budget number for my mortgage that didn't even make sense, which is why I began looking. Now when I choose all 3 budgets and look, that number doesn't appear on any of them. Dunno. My main budget is working. All good.
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Figured out that budget, it appears there was a line on there for transfer to savings. I deleted that line item and they match now. Thank you for working through this with me.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have more than one budget table "on file" using different names, e.g., Budget 1, Budget 2, etc.?
    When you pull up the report, does the report select the correct budget? There's a selection pulldown in the report view's header area.
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭✭
    I do have 3 choices under the budget drop-down menu. When I view in planning the name is exactly the same as in my budget reports sections. I'm 100% that the same budget is selected in both areas.
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I switched to another budget name in both places to see if they were matching then switched back to my main working budget. It's working now. The strange thing is I pick my budget #3 on planning and use that same budget under the reports and they don't match. The other two seem to match now in both areas.

When I first looked at the report before dropping this question it had a budget number for my mortgage that didn't even make sense, which is why I began looking. Now when I choose all 3 budgets and look, that number doesn't appear on any of them. Dunno. My main budget is working. All good.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you seeing differences?
    In the current month, when using a date range = Year to date?
    The report is based on actual register transactions. In this case, future dated reminder or regular transactions are not included.
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Figured out that budget, it appears there was a line on there for transfer to savings. I deleted that line item and they match now. Thank you for working through this with me.
This discussion has been closed.