What happened to Billminder for Quicken Premier 2019?

ghendric
ghendric Member ✭✭
I had to reinstall windows on my pc and I reinstalled Quicken Premier 2019 but Billminder didn't install. Is there a separate install for this? I really need this app.

Best Answer

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• ghendric
    ghendric Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I'm not sure that will help. I completely reformatted my drive and reinstalled Windows 10 v1903. I reinstalled Quicken. The install dumped the file billmind.exe into the Quicken folder on my hard drive but when I double click it to open it, I get the error message, "Billmind program is no more supported".

I really need this program because it helps me to remember when bills are due. Why would they remove this? :'(

Will the Mondo patch bring it back?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • ghendric
    ghendric Member ✭✭
    "* Fixed: Removed the inactive applications Quicken Online Backup & Billminder from the installer."

That's not "fixed", that's changing functionality. I rely on Billminder.. now what am I going to do? I really need it back. :'(
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghendric said:
    "* Fixed: Removed the inactive applications Quicken Online Backup & Billminder from the installer."

That's not "fixed", that's changing functionality. I rely on Billminder.. now what am I going to do? I really need it back. :'(
    As an alternative to Billminder, you can customize your Quicken Home page / My Money view (or create a separate "My Home" page, which is what I did).
    Add the "Bill and Income Reminders" view to the desired Home view.
    If you want to use this view automatically every time you start Quicken, make this change in Edit / Preferences / Startup: Set the Startup Location to the desired Home view, e.g. My Money or My Home.
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid that's not a workable alternative for those of us who rely on Billminder to alert us that we need to open Quicken and take action.
    The removing of Billminder is bad news.
  • EricN
    EricN Member ✭✭
    Can't a bill be synced to a calendar like Outlook? A calendar system would provide similar, if not enhanced, functionality. Lots of systems and devices read the format beyond MS Outlook.
  • ghendric
    ghendric Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I depend on the bill minder when windows starts to remind me of when bills are due. I'm not in Quicken everyday and I don't want to have to run it every day just to find out if something is due. Removing this was a bad call. How would they know that bill minder was an inactive program and just remove it? Maybe they should have asked people first if they used it... I don't know of any other software that has this functionality. If I find one, i may be forced to use it instead of Quicken.. :/
  • doetzel
    doetzel Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Ditto! To me, this is like losing e-mail notifications. Now I have to remember to manually open Quicken and manually look on the right page for upcoming bills. That's ridiculous! Quicken needs an upcoming bill reminder function one way or another. So go ahead and redesign it if you wish, but restore this key functionality! This is a definitely a head-scratcher. What were they thinking?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    doetzel said:
    Ditto! To me, this is like losing e-mail notifications. Now I have to remember to manually open Quicken and manually look on the right page for upcoming bills. That's ridiculous! Quicken needs an upcoming bill reminder function one way or another. So go ahead and redesign it if you wish, but restore this key functionality! This is a definitely a head-scratcher. What were they thinking?
    How about you follow my recommendation and set up a Quicken Home page with a Bill Reminder view, as outlined in my earlier response above? Set Quicken to display this page when you start it and you're ready to roll.
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR, I appreciate your suggestion. However, I think you have missed the point that several of us have tried to make. Billminder sits on my desktop all the time. It starts up when Windows starts. When it displays something that needs attention, then I know to open Quicken to take care of business. I really don't want to open Quicken every day to see if there is a reason to open Quicken. That is the whole point of Billminder.
    Billminder (or a substitute app) is a very important part of Quicken. I agree with others that it is very very hard to understand why it was removed.
  • ghendric
    ghendric Member ✭✭
    The only work around that kind of works is sync my file to the cloud and open it up there from my phone. Still have to open Quicken there but now my data is out on the cloud where i don't want it to be...
  • starrant
    starrant Member
    I have been using Quicken for 20 years and I look forward to the billminder to do just that remind me during windows start up that I have a bill to pay. I don't want to open quicken every day to look for this info. I can't believe that this is no longer supported. I just did a new install of Windows 10 Pro to find out with the new Quicken Premier billminder has been disabled. I have had a lot of issues with quicken but have been able to work out most of the problems with help from tech support. I hope you will reconsider and re-enable billminder. Maybe it is time to move on from Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.