Error Code CC-501 now appearing for almost all my downloads

I had been receiving the CC-501 error only for my Navy Federal Credit Union accounts for the past few weeks, so I deactivated those. Today, I received this same CC-501 error on six (6) of the eight (8) other accounts I tried to download. Those accounts include 3 banks (PNC, BOA, & CapitalOne), Paypal, ETrade (brokerage), and Sams Club (credit card). I have never experienced such a broad breakdown of Quicken before.

Wondering whether others are having the same issue and looking for suggestions on next steps.

Using Quicken for Windows Home & Business - 2017 - R19.7 - Build: 26.1.19.7 (desktop)

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
  -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

During One Step Update from Quicken on your desktop / laptop, if you get error CC-501 for all of your Express Web Connect - connected accounts from several banks while other bank accounts using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK ...

Please do not use any "Reset CC Credentials" instructions found here in the Community to correct online banking errors.  Instead, please contact Support.
    Support has access to a tool that can "reset" the User profile internally on the server.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update - I contacted Customer Support and after being on 2 chats (the first one dropped me while I was waiting for the file validation to complete) for approx. 1 hour in total I was told to wait 24 hours and then try to establish the connection with the financial institutions again.

Once that time comes, I will post an update.

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    But did they reset your User profile on the server?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they did not do that. They said that they had reports that the communication between Quicken and credit unions and other financial institutions were "intermittent" and "causing errors" and that I should wait 24 hours and then try again to establish the connection for the financial institutions with the errors.

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:
    No, they did not do that. They said that they had reports that the communication between Quicken and credit unions and other financial institutions were "intermittent" and "causing errors" and that I should wait 24 hours and then try again to establish the connection for the financial institutions with the errors.
    Hello @Frankx

Thank you for the response and additional information.  I took the liberty of reviewing your internal profile and was able to verify that you are experiencing a different issue than the issue mentioned by the Support Agent.

I apologize that you were provided incorrect information for this situation and I have performed an internal "reset" of your server profile.  This should resolve the CC-501 error and allow the accounts to connect and download transactions successfully, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Sarah,
    Thank you for taking the initiative to look into this for me. I believe that your reset has fixed my issue for all but one bank account. For this account, I am now getting a different error code - namely OL-332-A. I took a look at the "Quicken Community - overview document" on this error and the first two items are okay, & on the 3rd one - I don't use a vault password so that's N/A.
    Also it now seems that a second direct connect "connection" has been created with a user name that is my SSN. Previously, I had one "connection" which allowed me to download activity from 3 accounts at this bank. The new "connection" apparently only relates to 1 of those 3 accounts. So now I'm not sure what I should do next with respect to the 2 "connections".

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Frankx

I'm glad to hear that the CC-501 errors are resolved, although I'm sorry that there is now a OL-332-A error being received.

May I ask, which Financial Institution the OL-332 error is occurring for?  Is it occurring on an account that was receiving the CC-501 error previously? 

If not, have you always used Direct Connect to download from this institution?

Please let me know, thank you again!

Sarah
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ Quicken Sarah,

The bank is PNC and yes, it is one of the accounts that had the CC-501 error previously. I have used Direct Connect to download from this institution for many years.

Thanks again fr your help!
    Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Sarah,

I thought that I would update this issue and also provide some additional information. I am still getting the OL-332-A error and cannot connect with the bank through quicken. And there are still two different Online ID's as described above.

I use the checking account for paying almost all of my bills - but this is not "Quicken Billpay" - this was/is a bill payment program set-up with the bank through the Quicken application many, many years ago and the p/w is actually a 4 digit code which is different from the p/w I use to login to online banking through the web. So I now have a huge problem because I cannot pay any bills through Q.

• jwool17
    jwool17 Member
    @Quicken Sarah, I am experiencing the same thing with multiple accounts getting CC-501 errors when I try to update, now for 2-3 days. Any chance you could do an internal "reset" of my server profile without having to go through the long chat/call times of contacting support? I'm not sure how much you can verify by my profile here. Thanks for any help you can give!
    Jill
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update - While I still don't understand how I ended up with 2 direct connect "connections", I did figure out which one was valid and so I deleted the 2nd "connection". That solved my problem and I am not receiving the OL-332 error code anymore.

Thank you - @Quicken Sarah - for your valuable help!!

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.