What happened to my past due bills

MJR109
MJR109 Member
I had a bunch of past due bills that I was watching but now they are all gone. How can I get them back?
Tagged:

Comments

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you have been doing manual backups (adding the date to the file name) every time before you exit Quicken you can restore the most recent backup.  Check to see if the issue is still there and work your way back.

When you restore your files from these backups, restore it to another name like Q19-001.qdf, then Q19-002.qdf and so on.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or Canadian version?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using? 
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Where, specifically, are you looking in Quicken to find those missing past due bills?
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
  • MJR109
    MJR109 Member
    Snowman, I was able to locate the backup with the bills intact but how do I get them back into my current data file? If I just do a restore I will need to add all the transactions back since the backup and that is not an option.
  • MJR109
    MJR109 Member
    >UKR, I run the latest windows version, I did load a copy on a different laptop and restored an older file to find the bills. Attached is a screen capture of the bills that are now missing and the version info.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    MJR109 said:
    Snowman, I was able to locate the backup with the bills intact but how do I get them back into my current data file? If I just do a restore I will need to add all the transactions back since the backup and that is not an option.
    Yes that is the only way to restore.  That is why I backup my file on a daily basis whenever I use Quicken.  I manually backup using the option to add the date to the file name to an NAS drive which itself is backed up to another drive at the end of every day.  You can also use a couple of thumb drives, rotating from one drive for the first backup, a second drive for the next backup and then the third backup is done again on the first thumb drive.  Why?  Because is the time comes to restore and something has happened to corrupt the thumb drive you have the other as a backup.

To restore a file you go to File > Backup and Restore > Restore from Backup File
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the screen snapshot.
    I'm using the same Q 2020 R23.14 as you do, and, in a Test file with plenty of overdue manual bills, the Stack view shows all overdue reminders, as it should.

I can only suspect that something happened to the active Quicken data file. Before totally falling back to a restored backup and bringing it up to speed again, please do this:

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

And, if you haven't changed it yet, please set up your Backup options in Quicken to create both Automatic and Manual Backups of your active Quicken data file every [1] time you close Quicken.
    One can never have enough backups … trust me! BTDTGTS!
This discussion has been closed.