future Bill and Income Reminders vs Quicken renewal date

Options
I still have a prob. Am unable to modify future bill/income reminders beyond Mar 12. I can modify those up to that date. Mar 12 is my auto-renew subscrip. date and thought that might have something to do with it so I went ahead and renewed ahead of time. Problem still exists. Beyond 3/12 only modifications I can make are in 1st attachment. Between now and 3/12 I can make all the modifications you should normally be able to make to individual entries.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to verify your subscription status ..... what does it show -
    ... Help --> About Quicken -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

• michaelmoore
    michaelmoore Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Attached screenshot of my subscription status and version.....

(edited-Privacy)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you perhaps trying to modify a future - dated reminder which is NOT the next iteration? For example, a monthly reminder, due on the 12th ... next iteration is 3/12. You are trying to modify the reminder after that, due on 4/12.
    Is that your problem?
    If so, the answer is that you cannot do that. You can only modify the next entry in line or you can modify "this instance and all future occurrences".
  • michaelmoore
    michaelmoore Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't think that's the problem. I have reminders automatically entered 90 days in advance....and have done so for years. I've never had a problem modifying any of the entries regardless of which iteration it is until this happened about a month ago. The attached pic is of the options I have for an entry on 3/12. All entries after 3/12 limit my options to those in my first post's attachment.
  • michaelmoore
    michaelmoore Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if this means anything, but in "Tools" where I add the reminders, the "status" now shows "auto" in red. (attached pic)
  • michaelmoore
    michaelmoore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yet, some show a blue "auto"......attached
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't find where that's documented in Quicken, so I can only guess, made more difficult by the fact that I can't see if an entry shows a reminder which has already been made a register transactions or a future iteration.
    The few  Auto-enter reminders in my file all show in blue and show the "next iteration". I don't try to enter reminders into my register several iterations ahead, so as not to clutter up the register. If I want to see one of my account registers projected into the future, I can always change the "Show reminders in register" setting to, e.g., 90 days. This will show as many future iterations of a reminder as will fit into the date range.
    The Projected Balances view in the Bills and Income tab, suitably customized to my needs, also shows me what's going to happen in the near future.
    All my reminders use a "Remind me [xx] days" or "Auto enter [xx] days" where [xx] for monthly reminders is around 21 - 28 days. For reminders where I know that the amount will change at every iteration I always use "Remind me ...", to make it easier to adjust the amount of the next due transaction.

• michaelmoore
    michaelmoore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.