Delete Lifetime Planner

Quicken 2020  R25.21  27.1.25.21   Win 10 latest version

Is there a way to delete everything entered in the Lifetime Planner? As it turns out, the lifetime planner is not giving me what I thought it would and I would like to delete everything and start over using a different approach.
I tried to delete specific entries, but I get popups saying I can't do that. It seems that once I enter something into the planner, I can never remove it.
I realize that some things are pulled from other parts of Quicken and can't be deleted, but I would like to remove these things from the Lifetime Planner.

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of "specific entries" are you talking about?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    For instance, it pulls the information from all of my financial accounts. I know I can "remove from showing", but that's not what I want. I want to remove everything from Lifetime Planner. From what I have read, this is impossible, but that was in older versions. I was hoping it would be possible in newer versions.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can "Exclude from plan" some of your accounts. Then the "remove from showing" option also takes them out of the list so that you no longer see them as grayed out.  But once excluded, i.e. grayed out,  they are out of the plan so I am not following want else you want to accomplish regarding accounts.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Bob,
    Yes, I understand what you are saying, but that's not what I wanted to do. I guess I should have used to correct language (Exclude from plan) rather than writing "remove from showing".
    What I am hoping to do is completely delete everything I have in my Lifetime Planner and start it all over again with a different approach rather than editing each and every entry as is. Isn't there a way to delete one person (me) from the planner? 
  • ALittleHelp
    ALittleHelp Member ✭✭
    @Spotteddog There isn't a way to delete the Lifetime Planner and start over.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.
    Thanks
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @Spotteddog  I created a separate Idea, reference this thread, and added some color to it.  Have a look and vote, if you like.   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7872804/allow-user-reset-of-lifetime-planner-data-and-to-save-multiple-what-if-plan-scenarios/p1?new=1
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I voted.
This discussion has been closed.