Two Businesses, one data file.

I have the Home, Business and Rental Property version of Quicken for Windows.

In the Business section, I have set up two businesses... however when I set up the first it asked me to associate the banking accounts I wanted with that business and this worked... but when I set up the second, it didn't ask this question and I can't seem to associate the desired accounts with this second business.

Any advice?

Best Answers

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    HI @brandon,

You probably know that you can add a new bank account to Quicken and - as part of the setup of that account - you can "associate" it to your business.

You can also "associate" an existing bank account with a business by doing the following:

1) Open the account in Quicken;
    2) Click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and select "Edit account details";
    3)Select the "display Options" tab;
    4) In the "Account Intent" section - Click on the arrow and change "Personal" to "Business";
    5) Click "OK"

If you then go to the "Business" tab in Quicken - you'll see the bank account there.

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• brandon
    brandon Member ✭✭
    Frankx... yes all my business accounts are set to be 'Business accounts'. Now, in the Business tab in the profit and loss sub-tab there is a place to add "businesses" (not accounts if I am understanding this right) and I have set up two different businesses since I have two. I want the P/L details to show details for these businesses separately. when I created the first Business... it asked me what accounts were relevant for this business... when I set up the second one it didn't prompt this questions. Hence my confusion on how to associate transactions in my business checking/credit accounts with one business or another.
  • brandon
    brandon Member ✭✭
    Thank you Frankx. This clears some things up.

I am starting with a fresh Quicken file and just moving over (from a mac to a PC) transactions from 2019 - today. I know I can select a bunch of transactions and assign a category to them all at once using the contextual menu... but I don't see a way to do this with tags. I have thousands of transactions and it would be great to do this en masse.
  • brandon
    brandon Member ✭✭
    That was easy enough, thanks!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to help!!

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.