Not a bill - Quickpay

Options
How do you send a payment using quickpay that is not a bill?? I want to send an extra principle payment but I can't seem to find a way to do it with quickpay. I used to be able to do this with Quicken Bill Pay. I can easily go to the bank web site and do it. Why does Quicken Quickpay have to be so impossible? I have already set up the bank I have the loan with but I make regular payments through an ACH to my checking account. I don't want to mess that up. For some reason the software writer thinks the only payments you need to make are bills. What about donation checks? What about gifts? What about fines? Do you have to write a check for anything that is not a bill even though the transaction is entirely online?

Comments

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Quick Pay uses the biller's web site and their payment processing system.  It seems that Quicken has limited making Quick payments to only those institutions that they have online biller access for.  That way they know they can access the account to make payment.  It's clear that many other institutions would be able to process an online payment but apparently, if it's not issuing an online bill, they don't have the process set up to make a payment.  Have you tried setting up your FI as an online biller?  If they make your monthly payment requirement available on-line, it might work.  You wouldn't have to use Quick Pay for the primary payment but you could then use it for supplemental payments if you choose to.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this is a one-time extra principal payment for your mortgage, I'm thinking it would be easiest to write and mail a personal check and send it in together with a payment slip from your monthly mortgage statement.
    Alternatively, you should be able to schedule a one-time payment from the mortgage bank's website or talk to one of their support reps to do it for you.
    If you are trying to set up regular monthly extra principal payments to be withdrawn by ACH, use the mortgage bank's website to set it up.
This discussion has been closed.