TD Bank bill pay FUTURE items are not downloading into Quicken (R26.23)

I had used Quicken 2017 before uploading to the current subscription version.

With the OLD version, I could download all my TD Bank transactions into Quicken, INCLUDING future bill pay items. I thought that was great since I did not have to manually enter them. All paid items and deposits are being downloaded as before.

With the current version (R26.23), Quicken does NOT include these items in the download anymore. Was this dropped from the new version or is there some setting I missed in Quicken?

Comments

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @anon321,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

What Connection Method are you currently using with TD Bank? This can be found by going to Tools > Account List > account Edit > Online Services > Connection Method

Do you pay bills through Quicken? If so, do you use Quicken Bill Pay or your bank's bill pay service? Or do you simply download the cleared transactions from the financial institution?

Responding with this additional information will give us better insight with the issue and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,
    JV
  • anon321
    anon321 Member ✭✭
    Hi Julio, Thanks for the quick response. The answers to your questions are:

1- Connection Method: Express Web Connect

2- I do NOT use Quicken to pay bills. I use TD Bank's own Bill Pay service.

3- To get the bank's information into my Quicken TD Bank account, I go to the bank's account in Quicken -->Downloaded Transactions -->Update Transactions -->One Step Update -->Download Transactions & Balances -->Update Now.

4- Using the 2017 Quicken version, it downloaded all the deposits and payments AND also the FUTURE payments I set up through TD Bank's Bill Pay system. Now Quicken does NOT do that. Did Quicken change or is it the bank that changed.

I hope this answers all your questions. If not, let me know.
  • Hardhike
    Hardhike Member ✭✭
    @anon321 did you get an answer to this issue? I have exactly the same problem with my future TD Bank bill payments. Actually, it only worked intermittently for me with Quicken 2017. It was frustrating having the change usernames and passwords frequently to keep it working. But now, it doesn't work at all.
  • anon321
    anon321 Member ✭✭
    Just spent 50 minutes of my life on Quicken chat. The chat recap was "that is because (at Quicken) we receive the information from the bank if the bank does not show that info we are not able to post the information on your file! we don't have a chance to perform that action". They say the problem is at TD Bank. I will follow up with TD Bank but don't hold out any hope this will change in the near future.
  • Hardhike
    Hardhike Member ✭✭
    I've found TD to be the problem time after time. They make unannounced changes to their website and it affects the interaction with Quicken. Even with the last version of Quicken I battled every few months to see TD Bill Pay future payments. I don't have this problem with any of my other banks.
    I doubt you will hear back from Quicken.
  • Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭
    I have had no luck for many days at downloading anything from TD Bank. They don't even respond to email. So lame.
  • Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭
    When I cleared my cache (for 4 weeks) and restarted my browser, it worked again.
  • anon321
    anon321 Member ✭✭
    Jim, to understand what you said, am I correct that you are using the latest Quicken subscription version (R26.23) or 2017 version?

If so, how did you clear the cache within Quicken?
    If not within Quicken, what cache did you clear (your browser)?

Am I correct you can now have Quicken download not only the deposits and payments but ALSO the TD Bank's bill pay information before it is due to be paid?

I hope by answering these questions, I would have more information on how to modify Quicken to download the bill pay information from within Quicken.
  • Hardhike
    Hardhike Member ✭✭
    @anon321, did you get your future TD Bank payments working?
  • anon321
    anon321 Member ✭✭
    I contacted TD Bank. The customer service person told me they did not change anything recently. He said maybe the third person company Quicken uses to get the TD Bank information changed what they can obtain from the bank. TD Bank said what Quicken could get before should be the same as they can get now.
    -------
    My problem started when I switched from 2017 Quicken to the 2020 subscription version on April 29th.
    -------
    I called Quicken support somewhere in the world. The person said "they can only get what the bank allows them to get". Therefore the problem is with Quicken.
    -------
    Is there some Quicken executive that can look up our "minor" problem out there and fix it? Can someone post our request on Facebook or Twitter? Maybe in the next 12 months, we will hear back on which company is causing the problem and get it fixed.

The customer service people I have been dealing with are first line people. Their rule is to be nice on the phone and say it is not their company's problem. Wait time was about 30 minutes for each company.
  • Hardhike
    Hardhike Member ✭✭
    I use Wells Fargo, E-trade and Fidelity, and have no issues with future bills on any of them. I've been winding down my dealings with TD Bank and I'm moving everything to the other 3 banks. I find other issues with the TD website that are hard to work with, so I look forward to telling them goodbye.
  • Hardhike
    Hardhike Member ✭✭
    @anon321 did you ever get your future TD bills issue resolved? I"m still manually entering them in quicken
  • anon321
    anon321 Member ✭✭
    Sent an email to TD Bank through my online account. NO response. It has been about one week. Don't have too much faith in getting a meaningful response. Meanwhile, like you, I am manually entering the information.
  • Hardhike
    Hardhike Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the update. I'll let you know if I get anywhere with a solution.
    On previous versions of Quicken, future TD bills only downloaded intermittently anyway.