Return look of SAVE button to last version please!

jlecocq1
jlecocq1 Member

Please return the SAVE button back to what it looked like before. The floppy disk icon is too small and I end up needing to click twice to make sure I've saved my work. The new icon creates more wasted time to have to double check things now.

16 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @"jlecocq1 ,

Turn on Quicken Sounds, so when you save you hear the Cash Register Sound. The Save being spelt out takes up too much room.

Quicken is trying to combine Mobile and Desktop versions, programming-wise.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please read https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877322/alt-a-no-longer-an-option for more information on this issue.

• bobc4383
    bobc4383 Member ✭✭
    Not sure if the software engineers read these comments or not but...........
    Suggestion: Change the green icon back to "Save" - much easier to find than trying to decipher an icon.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello ,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community!

I went ahead and merged your post with an ongoing Idea for this same feature request.

Be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:
    Our developer's review Idea threads to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Lonestar10
    Lonestar10 Member
    Yes! Please bring back the SAVE button. The icon is too small and looks out of place.
  • canoe32
    canoe32 Member ✭✭✭
    I prefer the save button on the desktop version. Younger users may not even know what a floppy disc looks like. I, on the other hand, remember 5" floppies!
  • twocheryl
    twocheryl Member ✭✭
    > @jlecocq1 said:
    > Please return the SAVE button back to what it looked like before. The floppy disk icon is too small and I end up needing to click twice to make sure I've saved my work. The new icon creates more wasted time to have to double check things now.

I 100% agree! The new "save" button sometimes needs to be clicked three times to "take." What was the purpose in changing it, just to look like you did something? GO BACK!
  • Joe Editor
    Joe Editor Member ✭✭
    I totally agree with the comments here. can't believe it took me so long to look into this. On my version [the latest as of June 22, 2021], every time I hover over the green button, a white 'box' appears underneath and I can't save the transaction with one press. Like others, I have to move the cursor just right to save. It's very annoying and just another reason (among multiple over the past few years] for me to consider moving on to another program.
  • fda2f6fc
    fda2f6fc Member ✭✭
    Totally agree. Make it 1-click to save
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    fda2f6fc said:
    Totally agree. Make it 1-click to save
    For me and my "normal resolution" laptop screen, 1-click always works, mini-popup "Save" showing or not.
    Normally, however, I prefer using the Tab key to navigate from field to field in the new transaction and pressing the Enter key to Save(*).

(*) This function is controlled by the setting in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill / "Use Enter key to move between fields"