One-Step Update crashes Quicken and launches Bugsplat

1789101113»

Answers

• wcperry
    wcperry Member
    Everything is working now. I did not need to do an update or anything special. I just started the One Step Update process again, and everything replicated.
  • Jim59@
    Jim59@ Member ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that Fidelity and Wealthscape Investor accounts are now updating again through OSU for me.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Vystar now getting OL-293-A error, but Fidelity download is no longer causing a Bugsplat.  I reported the Vystar problem as a separate issue to Quicken and Vystar.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• tomwklose
    tomwklose Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. I don't think they have woken up on the West Coast. My crash is for my Schwab and the Bugsplat appears.
  • Andrew Jarabak
    Andrew Jarabak Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Was able to update some Schwab Accounts. They must have fixed it.
  • QWMax
    QWMax Windows Beta Beta
    The update issue may have been fixed however I have lost many transactions that were previously entered in the registers and now have to be re-entered based on what was downloaded into the investment and banking accounts. One issue fixed... another created
  • The problem with Fidelity began in the middle of the night for me (East Coast). But I can now say that it is resolved! Thank you Quicken. BTW, I did send in details in the bugsplat report that I assume was sent to Quicken.
  • bobandsherry82
    bobandsherry82 Member ✭✭✭
    Now working for me as well, I was able to update my Fidelity transactions just now.
  • rm1270
    rm1270 Member ✭✭
    Just curious...does anyone else notice OSU started a bit slower today?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    rm1270 said:
    Just curious...does anyone else notice OSU started a bit slower today?
    Have to agrree.  OSU seems to behave slower.  Even Quicken startup seems slower.

• Yesterday (11/10/2020) attempting to update my Fidelity accounts led to Quicken crashing and the Bug Splat screen appearing. Today, when I attempted to update the Fidelity account, the program hung and my CPU activity went through the roof (noticed when CPU fan went to a pitch that I haven't heard before). All of my other accounts update without problems but only Fidelity is an investment account.
  • For the record, I have Quicken Deluxe Version 29.22, Build 27.1.29.22, running under a Windows 10 Version 2004, on a Dell Inspiron 7570 laptop.
  • catdancer103
    catdancer103 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm having problems downloading only ONE of two Discover accounts.  Also having trouble with online balance not showing on the same account.  Reset the account, but didn't fix it.  Last date of transactions downloaded was 11/03. The One Step Update appears to work except for that Discover account and possibly my low activity US bank account (I think).  Will know in a day or two as I am making a transaction to see if that will work (or not).  I have a dreaded pale red icon to the left of the bank acct, but cannot get rid of it no matter what I try. 
  • I'm having issues with trying to setup new accounts. It crashes after I put in the pin for the extra security. I have 15+ years on my current file and want to start fresh. All of these accounts worked in the old file but it now crashes on the new file. So far it happens on two of my accounts, both have the extra security on them. What can I do?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I'm having issues with trying to setup new accounts. It crashes after I put in the pin for the extra security. I have 15+ years on my current file and want to start fresh. All of these accounts worked in the old file but it now crashes on the new file. So far it happens on two of my accounts, both have the extra security on them. What can I do?
    Are you getting a Bugsplat screen when it crashes?
    If yes, have you filled in the Bugsplat and submitted it to Quicken support?
    There's many triage questions to answer regarding the crash situation that may require you contact Quicken support.
    Also, there may be a way to "start fresh" that doesn't require a new datafile creation but a datafile transaction copy with a certain transaction start date that may allow account access to continue working.  See File:Copy selection.  Just a suggestion.
    I have 33 years of data in my file.

• Yes, I have sumbitted several of those.
    How would I go about doing a datafile transaction copy? Interested in that.
  • My problem with the investments account ended up being a corrupt Quicken data base. Validate and repair hung when it got to the investment account portion of the database. I restored the database from a backup and now everything is operating normally.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Yes, I have sumbitted several of those.
    How would I go about doing a datafile transaction copy? Interested in that.
    Start Quicken with a good datafile, then select File, File Operations, Copy. 

You will get a popup that lets you choose the transaction dates you want to copy.

After the operation, your original file is intact and you will have a new file to check out and see if it gives you what you want.  If not, you could retry to do the copy with different parameters.  Depending on the transaction dates included, the new file will shrink in size.

I use this type copy to reorganize my datafile about once a year, since it eliminates deleted table items (like accounts, securities, categories) that are flagged as deleted but still take up space.

Hope this helps.

• Yevgen
    Yevgen Member ✭✭
    One more note to leishirsute advice to copy file.
    This procedure is doing copy transaction by transaction and also (looks like) validate them. I am doing a file copy couple times per year and also when file is corrupted after problems with Quicken like this one.
    Please note that for large file you can see "Quicken is not responding" message in the middle of copy process. Just wait, do not kill process. Quicken can be "frozen" for couple of minutes during file copy.
    Good part of this type of "repair" is that, as leishirsute mentioned, original file is not affected at all.
  • Chuck Anderson
    Chuck Anderson Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    One step update does not show after update and will not even execute from Tools --> One Step Update Summary. Please advise. --- NEVER MIND. It is working
This discussion has been closed.