Crash when adding downloaded security

bhockney
bhockney Member ✭✭
I'm currently using the subscription version of Windows Quicken, but I've had this problem occasionally for several years. Hadn't happened for awhile until recently.

After downloading transactions from my broker, it offers to add a new security I recently purchased. When I select add new security and accept the program crashes. After restarting the security has not been added, and I can't continue with that account until I add the security manually and then match it with downloaded security instead of adding a new one on the new downloaded security screen.

I've tried validating the file.

Seems to happen with bonds and treasuries.

-Bob
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @bhockney,
    Sorry to hear that you've had some periodic difficulty downloading securities.

In the One Step Update process, do you get any error messages at all? (If so, exactly what does the error message say, please?)
    Please just double check to make sure you are running the most-current version of the software: From within the Quicken software - Help > Check for updates. (If need be, install the update.)

Just to check - you are running the current Win 10 OS, yes? In all other regards, your computer is working well? You are not trying to run Quicken off a network, correct?

What Financial Institution are you trying to download the securities and treasuries from? Have you checked the Community for any announcement that your FI might be having some sort of issue?

At the moment, we don't yet have enough details as to your exact situation so as to be able to point you to a definitive solution. Please post back to this thread with more details, and/or you are welcome to contact support for help.

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @bhockney,
    Sorry to hear that you've had some periodic difficulty downloading securities.

In the One Step Update process, do you get any error messages at all? (If so, exactly what does the error message say, please?)
    Please just double check to make sure you are running the most-current version of the software: From within the Quicken software - Help > Check for updates. (If need be, install the update.)

Just to check - you are running the current Win 10 OS, yes? In all other regards, your computer is working well? You are not trying to run Quicken off a network, correct?

What Financial Institution are you trying to download the securities and treasuries from? Have you checked the Community for any announcement that your FI might be having some sort of issue?

At the moment, we don't yet have enough details as to your exact situation so as to be able to point you to a definitive solution. Please post back to this thread with more details, and/or you are welcome to contact support for help.
This discussion has been closed.