PNC Bank - Error CC-508 downloads?

i have been getting a cc508 error since nov 3,2020

Best Answer

• herbcohen
    herbcohen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Finally solved the CC-508 problem. Go figure, I called PNC and they resolved it in two minutes. I didn't have a registered cellphone assigned to the account and that's needed to receive a code to setup the web connect. Added a phone number and it worked fine. Why did Quicken say it's being worked on for over a month??

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @1donbuy,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

If you haven't already, please visit this Article on the CC-508 error code you've been experiencing with PNC Bank.

If you've taken the steps provided in the article and still get the error code, I would advise you contact Quicken Support for further assistance as the issue may need to be escalated.
    Best,
    JV
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    1donbuy said:
    i have been getting a cc508 error since nov 3,2020
    Try deactivating and reactivating. Also, try adding a new account and select PNC and any PNC accounts will show up, then link to your current accounts.
  • 1donbuy
    1donbuy Member
    Thanks but I tried all of the suggested approaches already. Tried deactivating/reactivating again after receiving your reply but it still didn’t work.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    1donbuy said:
    Thanks but I tried all of the suggested approaches already. Tried deactivating/reactivating again after receiving your reply but it still didn’t work.
    Do you have 2 factor turned on at PNC? I remember seeing someone didn't then turned it on at PNC and it worked.
  • herbcohen
    herbcohen Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Crazy that it's still pending after over a month.
  • herbcohen
    herbcohen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Finally solved the CC-508 problem. Go figure, I called PNC and they resolved it in two minutes. I didn't have a registered cellphone assigned to the account and that's needed to receive a code to setup the web connect. Added a phone number and it worked fine. Why did Quicken say it's being worked on for over a month??
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    herbcohen said:
    I think PNC made a change when all this started happening requiring this. 
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    It seems like PNC could have generated a much more-appropriate error message and/or a special pop-up explaining the situation!   I also agree that Quicken (and their vendor, Intuit) should have resolved this issue much, much, faster!  Do they not even bother contacting the financial institution when debugging a problem?  Did they even try to debug it?

Thanks, herbcohen, for resolving this!
  • selldan
    selldan Member ✭✭
    That worked for me as well. After six weeks PNC and Quicken couldn't figure this out? Still no acknowledgement by Quicken that the problem has been identified. If anyone there is monitoring these posts, please update the Ongoing Issue page so those who may not be aware that adding a mobile phone number will solve this problem can start using their Quicken again. Thank you, other users, for identifying the problem and making us aware. Quicken, you should be embarrassed.
  • I understand that you know of this problem and are working on it. My error code is CC-508 . One of the main reasons I buy Quicken is to down load credit card and checking account transactions. Without this ability the program is useless to me. How long do I have to wait for a resolution ?
  • thank you to all members who identified and posted the mobile number solution. I called PNC customer service this morning and yes, not having a mobile number assigned to my bank accounts generated a reminder box on my checking account page telling me I needed to assign a mobile number. After I entered my mobile number in my PNC account, the bank texted me an authorization code and once I entered it, the reminder box on my PNC landing page disappeared. I was then able to go into Quicken and reactivate my PNC accounts and transactions are downloading once again.
  • Luis
    Luis Member
    Error When Using Online Services: CC-508 - my information from bank account cant not updated
This discussion has been closed.