Trouble in setting up auto loan payment schedule

Options
I just set up my auto loan in quicken (in euros). I wanted to add a loan reminder, so it would be possible to see the payment "bills&income". I went to the loan balance window and clicked on the "full payment schedule", then I chose the "Loan payment" tab, then "Payment options" then the "Loan reminder (recommended)" button. In the loan reminder window, I indicated the account the payment should come from and clicked done, which takes me back to the loan reminder window, which has an "OK" and "Cancel" button. The "OK" button throws me back into the window I just came from, in kind of an infinite loop. The "Cancel" button throws me back to the previous tab. The loan remainder schedule was not established under "bills&income". What am I doing wrong?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @tonupihelgas,

Can you tell us which versions of both Quicken and Windows you are running?

Also, other users have had similar issues in recent months - please see this link for steps you should take to correct - LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tonupihelgas
    tonupihelgas Member ✭✭
    Options
    Dear Frankx

My Quicken version is 2020, R 30.14, Build 27.1.30.14 and I have MS Windows Education, version: 10.0.17763 Build 17763
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @tonupihelgas

Okay - you could try to do the file validation exercise (as described in the link I provided above) but, quite frankly, that may not work and Quicken Support might run through that with you anyway, so I suggest that you contact Quicken Support for assistance via this LINK.

Let us know how things go with Support.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tonupihelgas
    tonupihelgas Member ✭✭
    Options
    Alright Frankx!

Thank you for your help! I'll speak with Quicken support.

Best Regards

Tõnu
This discussion has been closed.