Unable add Investing account

Options
I am trying to download transactions from Fidelity into my Mutual Funds investment account. When I add the account and then go to the Online Services tab and click on set up now I get a message that Quicken Online service is unavailable at this time with the request that I should try again. Trying again even a week later gives the same result.
I am able to perform One Step Update and download quotes etc, without any issues. Likewise with my credit card transactions.
Any suggestions?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @kashg

It is possible that Quicken isn't recognizing that you are logged in, so you should fist sign out and then sign back in.  Here are the steps:

1)  Click on "Edit" > "Preferences" >
    2) In the op-up window - select "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts;
    3) Next select "Sign in as a different user";
    4) Follow the prompts to "Sign Out";
    5) Sign back in using your Quicken ID, your email address and your password.
    6) Then try to setup the Online services again.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• kashg
    kashg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Frank. When I went to "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts", I got a message "We could not retrieve your Quicken profile information". So I recovered my password and logged on to Quicken.com. The PW worked. I went back to Quicken and "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts". Again the same error message. I then signed in as a different user as you suggested following your steps. But still get the "We could not retrieve your Quicken profile information" message. Repeated your steps one more time. Still noo luck.
  • kashg
    kashg Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got it to work. I saw that the same error message existed in Preferences/Mobile and Web. So, I went to "Mobile and Web" tab and enabled the account for mobile and web access.
    Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction
This discussion has been closed.