Can not add a Capital Group-American Funds account to Quicken 2020

Options
I am able to log into the Capital Group-American Funds website with no problem however in Quicken when trying to add an account, I enter my ssn as Tax Id and website password and I receive an error saying that I "need login information from Capital Group-American Funds in order to have automatic downloads in Quicken".

Best Answer

• randyh1
    randyh1 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you trying to connect to your account with Express Web Connect or Direct Connect? I have found that this message will  generate if you use the Direct Connect option to connect. Express web connect works in these situations with your current ID and password on your account. You might be asked to provide a security answer to a previously answered question on the account you are attempting to download at least the first time you attempt to connect. The choices for connection are found on the online tab on the edit/delete account option. Windows R30.21

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @keminton,

Have you reviewed the specific information on adding "Capital Group American Funds" accounts to Quicken for downloading?  The detailed process is outlined at this link https://www.capitalgroup.com/individual/service-and-support/other-resources/how-to-use-quicken.html

Please review and then revert if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• keminton
    keminton Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have followed those specific instructions with no result.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, it is likely that you may be selecting an incorrect "financial institution".  Instead of typing "American Funds" use "Capital Group-American Funds".  That should allow you to go forward.

Let me know how that goes or if you have additional issues.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• randyh1
    randyh1 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you trying to connect to your account with Express Web Connect or Direct Connect? I have found that this message will  generate if you use the Direct Connect option to connect. Express web connect works in these situations with your current ID and password on your account. You might be asked to provide a security answer to a previously answered question on the account you are attempting to download at least the first time you attempt to connect. The choices for connection are found on the online tab on the edit/delete account option. Windows R30.21
  • dianek
    dianek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have never had a problem downloading from Capital Groups/American Funds until 2 days ago. Error message asking if I changed my password every time now. I have no problem logging in directly to the website.[Removed-Off-Topic]
This discussion has been closed.