Reporting Default

Options
Is there a way to set the default in my register to be "This year" vs the current default of "All Transactions"?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Tomatnic

Yes there is a way.  First, you'll need to go into each register that you want to display in this manner and change the setting to "This Year".  After you've done that, you need to change the global setting as follows:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) Select "Register"
    3) Check the box next to "Remember register filters after Quicken closes" - see the Snip below.
    4) Click "OK"

That should do it.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi @Tomatnic

You can change the settings at the top of the register to filter it by date.  Just change the setting from "All Dates" to "This Year". See this Snip

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Tomatnic
    Tomatnic Member
    Options
    Frank
    Thank you for your prompt response. I am aware of this feater but I was wondering if there was a way to set "Current Year" as the default (instead of All Dates) so that I don't need to change the view each time. I prefer to see only the current year. Thanks
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Tomatnic

Yes there is a way.  First, you'll need to go into each register that you want to display in this manner and change the setting to "This Year".  After you've done that, you need to change the global setting as follows:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) Select "Register"
    3) Check the box next to "Remember register filters after Quicken closes" - see the Snip below.
    4) Click "OK"

That should do it.

Frankx

• Tomatnic
    Tomatnic Member
    Options
    PERFECT Thank you very much for your prompt replies and excellent advice.
    Best regards and stay safe.
This discussion has been closed.