Validation Error?

Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
I mentioned in another thread today that One Step Update would not complete today. I think it was stuck on Ally Bank, which has a known issue right now. But, I had to use Task Manager to kill the process.

I thought it prudent once back to validate the data file and got the following error:

The following transaction(s) involving transfers appear to be damaged.
              You should delete them and recreate as appropriate.

Account IRA Investment XXYYYY: 1/11/2021    Normal Distr Partial Normal Distr
              PartialedZZZZZZZZZZ /web          -$$$$$$$.00

Now this has cleared. Both $ and Shares for that account reconcile properly. It all looks good. should I really do something about this error and if so exactly what? And in both the IRA aAND the Checking account it transferred to?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I would fix it just so it isn't a problem later.. I validate weekly so if something is corrupt, I can recover more easily. When I had that transaction error in an investment account, I tried just changing a field and resaving the transaction but that didn't overwrite whatever problem was there.. I had to create a new transaction and delete the original. That fixed it. 

wags Glad to be here!

Answers

• studpup
    I would validate it again and make sure the error is fixed, if not, I've fixed that error just by copy and pasting into a new transaction then deleting the first transaction. I then ran validate again and everything was fine and balances were correct. 

wags Glad to be here!

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, but I have not done anything to it so that I should check if it were cleared. Perhaps in saying it cleared both accounts suggested I did something, but I was saying the transfer cleared both banks in my registers. Nothing "looks" broken. Wondering if it is worth trying to fix?
  • studpup
    Answer ✓
    I would fix it just so it isn't a problem later.. I validate weekly so if something is corrupt, I can recover more easily. When I had that transaction error in an investment account, I tried just changing a field and resaving the transaction but that didn't overwrite whatever problem was there.. I had to create a new transaction and delete the original. That fixed it. 

wags Glad to be here!

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, took your advice. Simple to copy and paste and delete the original. Even still showed as Cleared. And validation had no errors.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me learn on this one.
This discussion has been closed.