Cannot delete old repeating payment

I have a repeating payment that I cannot figure out how to delete. I get "This repeating payment is marked for deletion. Do you wish to undo the deletion?"
It is an old repeating payment, no longer active, not listed on my bank's website.
I have performed Validate (several times), closed Quicken, rebooted (several times) and cannot get rid of the old repeating transaction. I had posted about this several days ago, and thought it was solved, because envelope next to account disappeared, and so marked that posting as Answered. But, though the envelope has disappeared, the old payment remains in Bill and Income reminders.
Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2020

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @peg

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  I believe we may need to force delete the payment.  I'll leave an article down below with some extra steps on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/cannot-delete-online-payment-or-payee

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes. If you're still having issues let us know and we'll take a look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @peg

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  I believe we may need to force delete the payment.  I'll leave an article down below with some extra steps on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/cannot-delete-online-payment-or-payee

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes. If you're still having issues let us know and we'll take a look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Peg
    Peg Member ✭✭
    Thanks Francisco,
    I think it worked. The instructions are a little confusing (at least to me). I would have assumed I should follow the instructions for repeating online payments, which did not work. So I tried the instructions for one time payment, even though mine were repeating. This segment of the instructions seem to have worked when I applied it to the Bill and Income reminders window (not the account register):
    1. Open the account register to select the unsent payment.
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click the Delete button on that transaction.
    3. Keep CTRL + Shift held down while responding to all messages.

For future people, it might be good to clarify in those instructions that the CTRL+Shift Delete works on repeating transactions as well.

Anyways, I think it is solved. Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Peg

Awesome to hear you were able to get it working! If you do run into any other issues please let us know so we're able to help!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.