Opening Quicken file

DeanC
DeanC Member ✭✭
I have two Quicken files that I have been using for years. The last time I went to update them one file opened fine yet when I try to open the other I get a Quicken Setup window that pops up stating

"You have an active subscription with Quicken

Continue to download and install the product.
Sign in with your Quicken ID, and it will be ready to use".

I have already downloaded the product and use it with my other file. Why am I getting this message?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @DeanC

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Does this happen while you try to open the file? Does it allow you inside the file but continually keep asking for you to sign in? It sounds like it's just not detecting your account sign in so we could sign out/sign in but I'm not sure if that's an option. 

Once you get the chance could you let us know the answers to a couple of those questions and we'll see what we can do to get your file opened again.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• DeanC
    DeanC Member ✭✭
    It happens when I try to open the file.

I select 'File' and then select the file to open. It then asks for my password and after entering that I am asked to sign in. I enter my quicken sign in info and it appears to accept that and then it asks me to sign in again. After signing in again I get the setup page asking me to download
  • Quicken Francisco
    @DeanC

Thanks for the info. One thing I can think of trying here is do you have a recent backup of the file I would attempt to see if that might help us getting us with the file opened again. When you do load the backup I'd recommend loading a copy of it as well so it's a bit different than your original. If it does ask for you to sync to mobile choose not to as well.

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes! If you're able to get further let us know. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • DeanC
    DeanC Member ✭✭
    I have a backup from a couple months ago and that opened fine
  • Quicken Francisco
    @DeanC

Thanks for the update. It is interesting that you were able to get the backup to work. I'm wondering here If you were to go into your automatic backups folder are you able to see if you have a more recent one to work with. If you're able to find one we should ideally be able to work with.

Once you get a chance let us know if you're able to find one. If not we'll work see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.