Quicken Home & Business 2017 no split detail on asset account register

Options
Quicken Home & Business 2017 -- My business purchased 3 different assets with a check. Recorded manual check in bank account posted to a Equipment asset account with 3 splits describing each asset and value so I could enter on a depreciation schedule. When I went to the Equipment asset account register, the register did not list the 3 assets purchased but combined them all in 1 line item. What settings am I missing so I can see each asset purchased in the Equipment asset account register??

Best Answer

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Enter the split transfer from the Asset account (increase) to the bank account (decrease). ie. enter it in the reverse of what you have, and the reverse will occur. The 3 splits will be on the Asset account and in the bank account it will show one entry for the total debit of the transaction. This is not a bug this is just the way transfers work. The receiving account of a transfer sees three entries exactly the same so it books them as one.

If you assigned tags to each one it would see them as different in the recipient and post them all separately. 

Answers

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Enter the split transfer from the Asset account (increase) to the bank account (decrease). ie. enter it in the reverse of what you have, and the reverse will occur. The 3 splits will be on the Asset account and in the bank account it will show one entry for the total debit of the transaction. This is not a bug this is just the way transfers work. The receiving account of a transfer sees three entries exactly the same so it books them as one.

If you assigned tags to each one it would see them as different in the recipient and post them all separately. 
  • KSfarm
    KSfarm Member
    Options
    I am so use to Quickbooks and how it handles transactions like this which is nice. While I am not excited about creating more & more tags, it is my only option but it is an excellent idea and works well.