Are there any ESPP reports?

I don't have Form 3922 for all the years of my participation in an ESPP. I dutifully completed the ESPP-type input boxes for my transactions and I would like to get a report with the grant dates, discount %, market vs. purchase values, etc. I really don't want to look up each ESPP transaction for 15+ years.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @SirBruce

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I don't believe we have the exact type of report you're looking for but I'd recommend trying to customize an investment report to see if we're able to customize it better to fit your needs I'll leave a link down below for some additional information. I do apologize I don't have more details on the specific report you're looking for.

https://www.quicken.com/support/creating-reports-and-graphs-quicken

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a view in the Investing tab's Portfolio that is helpful for viewing ESPP purchase details and the current cost basis for both qualified and disqualified dispositions considering the ordinary income component. 

Assuming you have not changed the name of the Portfolio view, the Employee Stock Options view is the one you'll want to look for. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• SirBruce
    SirBruce Member ✭✭
    Thanks, but not what I'm looking for. I see tracking of an 'Employee Stock Option' that I had decades ago but no tracking of current 'Employee Stock Purchase Plan' accounts. I didn't know this page existed, thanks much for the tip.
  • mshiggins
    SirBruce said:
    Thanks, but not what I'm looking for. I see tracking of an 'Employee Stock Option' that I had decades ago but no tracking of current 'Employee Stock Purchase Plan' accounts. I didn't know this page existed, thanks much for the tip.
    You can customize any of the Portfolio views to include the accounts and securities you want to see. Did you try customizing the view?

• SirBruce
    SirBruce Member ✭✭
    I did not but will explore. I needed info to complete Form 3922 info for my income taxes. Between brokerage reports and individual tx dialog boxes in Qn, I was able to complete the info in TTx in order to do my taxes. I'm good for now. Thanks again...
  • mshiggins
    Answer ✓
    @SirBruce your employer is supposed send you your Form 3922. Did you check with your employer?

• SirBruce
    SirBruce Member ✭✭
    Oh yes, I'm a 'keeper' (some would say a 'hoarder'). I found them going back to 2007. The older 3922's rounded the units/shares to whole #s whereas the input into Qn had the actual fractional shares. I was wanting a report showing the same detail as in more recent 3922's. I instead was was able to create a spreadsheet from each Qn ESPP transaction for eventual input to TTx. It was a pain, but, hey, what else do I get to do when "everyday is a Saturday." Fun and games...
This discussion has been closed.