Why when using One-Step Update do I get Quicken's online service unavailable at this time.

tbendt
tbendt Member
Hello, Over the last two days I been receiving this message when using the One-Step Update in Quicken. "Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Okay, that's good.  Chances are that they are still throttling back their traffic - I had issues earlier today, but was able to connect a couple of hours ago.  Try updating it alone from the bank register, rather than One Step Update.

1) Open the account register for the account;
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    3) Select "Update Now";
    4) Enter the password and click the "Update Now" button.

Let me know how it goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @tbendt

In order to get past this message, you should log out of, and then log back in, to your Quicken account, as follows:

1)    Go to “Edit” > “Preferences” > “Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts”;

2)    Click "Sign in as a different user";

3)    Sign out and then sign back in, using the same credentials.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tbendt
    tbendt Member
    Hi Frankx, this worked for 2 of 3 accounts. Not for Bank of America. It says BofA has rejected my request.

Can you help with this please?

Thanks.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @tbendt

Did it give you an error code, and/or did the BOA message say something like "try again later"?  Also, which method re you using for connecting with/ downloading from BOA?

Frankx  

• tbendt
    tbendt Member
    Part of the 2nd popup does say please try again. Not sure how to answer the method of download question. Using dsl connection if that is what you mean.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To see your connection methods for the accounts your Quicken file:

1) Go to "Tools" > Account List";
    2) Look in the column labeled "Transaction Download";
    3) The methods for Q Windows are either "Direct Connect", "Express Web Connect" or "Web Connect"

Frankx

• tbendt
    tbendt Member
    Direct connect.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Okay, that's good.  Chances are that they are still throttling back their traffic - I had issues earlier today, but was able to connect a couple of hours ago.  Try updating it alone from the bank register, rather than One Step Update.

1) Open the account register for the account;
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    3) Select "Update Now";
    4) Enter the password and click the "Update Now" button.

Let me know how it goes.

Frankx

• tbendt
    tbendt Member
    Hi Frankx, that worked and btw I tried the one-step and it worked too. As you said, BofA must be throttling traffic.

Thanks for all your help.

Todd
  • Mountainbreeze
    Mountainbreeze Member ✭✭✭
    Frankx - I had this problem too and logging out and logging back in to my Quicken account as suggested seems to have resolved the problem.  I would suggest that the error message be changed from "Quicken's Online service is unavailable..."  (which is not true) to something that describes the real problem along with a solution that actually works. 
  • cushgo
    cushgo Member ✭✭
    how to log out and back into my account?
  • cushgo
    cushgo Member ✭✭
    Logging back into my account with a different id seems to lock up my account under my old login. It seems to say that all items not previously downloaded are lost. I have been on vacation for two weeks so I have a ton of items to download. Will those items be available under a new sign in???
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cushgo,

I am not sure whether you my have misread the above directions, but you should have logged back in with your same credentials; not with new ones.  You should now log out, and then log back in with the old user name and password.  That should allow you to access your original file.  You also will not lose any downloads that you missed while you were away.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.