Backup failure "in use by another application"

Options
Hi! When I to backup I have a fail message:
"Quicken cannot open the data file because it is in use by another application, such as a cloud storage backup. Please close that application or turn off cloud storage sync and try again."
Anybody help me, please.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • liviogarcia
    liviogarcia Member
    Options
    Hi! I use Dropbox, keeping the files on-line. But I have being done it for a long time. I didn´t change anything.

C:\Users\livio\Dropbox\Quicken BACKUP
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    • Never open your data file or backup file directly from Dropbox.  Always move the file to your desktop computer, then open it, to prevent file damage.
    Can I share my Quicken file between multiple computers using Dropbox? | Quicken

If you insist on keeping your file in a Dropbox folder, you should pause Dropbox before opening the file and restart after the backup is complete.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • liviogarcia
    liviogarcia Member
    Options
    Thank you. In fact, I´ve changed the main file to a Dropbox folder and I think it caused the problem. Pausing Dropbox synching solved the problem during backup.
This discussion has been closed.