Assign a tag for a check written from a brokerage account

Options
When you write a check from a bank account you can assign a tag to the transaction. One of my brokerage accounts gives checking privileges to the settlement account. However when I enter a check in the register there is no ability to assign a tag.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can do it using the old Category/Tag notation. Here's one of mine. I use the tax year as a tag.

The tag may not always be visible thanks to Quicken display issues, but it's there. If it's not visible in the register due to truncation, you can see it when you mouse over the category field.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can do it using the old Category/Tag notation. Here's one of mine. I use the tax year as a tag.

The tag may not always be visible thanks to Quicken display issues, but it's there. If it's not visible in the register due to truncation, you can see it when you mouse over the category field.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Scott Lenowitz
    Scott Lenowitz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Rocket J Squirrel,

Thanks for the advice. I also use the tag to track tax year. I see how it works, too bad it is consistent with bank check entry, but it works. Thanks again.