I got a popup box that says I am accessing data file remotely through a remote source ie. Dropbox.

Options
It says I should move data file to a local drive. I don't know how to do that. Please help!
How can I chat with person?

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    I had that happen to me recently.  I had restored a backup from a USB drive, but didn't overwrite my current file.  I restored to a new file name.  I didn't realize that when you do this, it creates the restored file in the same place as your backup, if you don't designate another location.  I am not sure if this is what happened to you, but you can use the "Show this File on my Computer" to double check where your data file is located.  To find this feature, go to File Menu.

If the file is indeed located on an external drive or Dropbox, whatever the case may be, just simply copy the file to when it should be, or where you want it to be on your hard drive on your computer.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    I had that happen to me recently.  I had restored a backup from a USB drive, but didn't overwrite my current file.  I restored to a new file name.  I didn't realize that when you do this, it creates the restored file in the same place as your backup, if you don't designate another location.  I am not sure if this is what happened to you, but you can use the "Show this File on my Computer" to double check where your data file is located.  To find this feature, go to File Menu.

If the file is indeed located on an external drive or Dropbox, whatever the case may be, just simply copy the file to when it should be, or where you want it to be on your hard drive on your computer.
This discussion has been closed.