accepting transactions with no category

I happened to notice this morning that I had accepted a few downloaded transactions with no category. I *thought* I had disabled that - that is, that Q should complain if i try to enter a transaction with no category. I'm running R32.12 on win10. I've attached two screenshots -- one of a few of the non-categorized transactions and the other of my current notify settings. Do I need to do something more to prevent this from happening?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll venture to guess that preference applies only to transactions you enter, as opposed to transactions you accept from download.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might also look at your Memorized Payee list (Ctrl-T) to see if somehow in that list you have memorized one with no category assigned.  I am speculating that such a memorized payee might bypass the checkpoint you cite.   
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that a Renaming Rule for Payee = Amazon.com like the one below, together with a properly categorized Memorized Payee List entry for Payee = Amazon.com should help unclutter your register for every future Amazon purchase transaction.
    This will not change already existing register transactions.
  • BernieC
    BernieC Member ✭✭
    I checked my memorized payees. And there were no payees without a category. I also just checked: I tried accepting a transaction with no payee and Q dutifully complained. So I dunno.. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again
This discussion has been closed.