Quicken has stopped downloading bank payments and deposits...

I contacted the phone number on the screen and "Andy" had me download Team Viewer and said I had all kinds of infections and needed to install multiple security programs... my Norton program says I have no issues... I said no thanks I want to contact Quicken and check... did I just get scammed? I deleted Team Viewer... too late?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Hello @Woolf

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Quicken support does not use team viewer in order to see your screen. It does sound like you were likely talking to a scammer. If you did show any sensitive information I would recommend contacting the bank to check recent activity for fraudulent activity. Additionally you did download any of the program requested by the scammer I would also recommend taking your computer to a local store so they're able to check and sweep the computer to make sure that there's nothing stored on your computer that could be harmful.

If you have more information about the topic let us know and we'll see what else we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Woolf
    Woolf Member
    I did not follow any of his suggestions, I could see where things were headed... have checked my bank account, everything ok, but will monitor... but my original query
    : why has Bank of America stopped updating activity on Quicken... deposits are not showing up and payments all indicate "to send" and don't show any checks that have cleared the bank as done so in quicken??
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Woolf

Thanks for the update.  Last week I do know we were having issues with BoA last week so I'm wondering here if that might be the case. Do you know if you're using Direct connect or Express web connect? How long has this been happening as well. I'm wondering if it's in a similar time frame as well. Once you get a chance let us know a bit more and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco