Quicken won't open

Yesterday I let Quicken install the latest update. Now when I try to open the Quicken Icon appears down on my task bar but won't open on the screen. I turned my computer on and off, I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken, I have applied the patch. Still same issues - just get the icon on the task bar, so it is open but I can't access.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

Please try this:

Reboot Windows.
    Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file, for example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
    Usually your file is located in your \Documents\Quicken folder.

Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
    If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.

• If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
    • If you can't get Quicken to start at all,
      • uninstall Quicken using this procedure:
        http://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
      • When done, reboot your computer and then reinstall Quicken from  your account at quicken.com or your installation CD or saved downloaded installation file and allow it to update to the latest available patch release level.

• js365
    js365 Member
    None of that worked for me. After 2 calls with support I tried an old trick. I set up a new user account for windows 11 and was able to open it from there. I then went back to my original windows user account and it worked fine after that.
This discussion has been closed.