Investment fund prices not downloading / can't enter manually either

Options
Hi. I'm trying to download current holding information for my investments at Vanguard. For several of my funds none of the price information is available. Not for the current price or any of the purchase prices for earlier transactions. Quicken wont accept a price I enter manually either. Over the weekend this happened for 1 investment. When I updated this morning, it's now doing it for 2

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Anchorage,

Just to be clear - when you say "or any of the purchase prices for earlier transactions", do you mean that the price information for past buy and/or sell transactions that was previously in your account register has disappeared?  Also when you try to edit data in the register, do you receive any type of feedback message or error code? Can you tell us exactly what happens?

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Anchorage
    Anchorage Member ✭✭
    Options
    Your assumption is correct, all price information has disappeared. When I try to enter the current price I get no feedback or error codes. Quicken acts like it's trying to update (the little spinning circle) but ends with no price in the quote/price category.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't be sure, but it sounds like your datafile may be corrupted.  I suggest that you try validating your datafile.  Here is a LINK to the instructions, but before you start - make a backup of the current datafile, just in case.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Anchorage
    Anchorage Member ✭✭
    Options
    Actually, Frankx, I apologize, I gave you incorrect information. I took another look and what is missing are all of the market values. All of the buy/sell transactions are there including the prices. But the market values for all of the buy/sell transactions and the current market value has disappeared. The share balance is correct, but it's showing the investment is worth $0.
    What I said before was partially correct. The current price IS missing and Quicken won't update it.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi again @Anchorage

Okay, that is helpful. 

Just one more point of clarification on the missing "market values" - are ALL market prices (including all historical market price data) missing, or is it just today, or all of last week, or some other limited time frame?  And is it ALL securities or just some?

Frankx

• Anchorage
    Anchorage Member ✭✭
    Options
    All market values (today's and historical) for 2 (out of 8) securities.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay - I suggest that you try this for each of the 2 securities:

1) From the Investing tab - right click on the security that is missing historical prices and select "Security View";
    2) In the upper-right - click on the "More" button and select "Download Historical Prices";
    3) In the Pop-Up window - change the drop-down for "Get prices for the last" to 5 Years and click "Update Now"

Then check to see if the price history is still missing.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx 

This discussion has been closed.