Knoxville TVA Credit Union [Edited]

Options
Dickey
Dickey Member ✭✭
:/ Anyone having issues downloading from Knoxville TVA Credit Union. It appears there's an error int the CONNLOG.txt that says:
QFN: Beginning send to https://olb.tvacreditunion.com/OFXDirect/OFXRqst.aspx
20211109 11:24:18: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305975
20211109 11:24:18: HTTP: Temporarily overloaded

[Removed Image - Personal Info]

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Dickey

I did a search and cannot find any other reports on Knoxville.  If you continue to have problems connecting, I'd suggest that you contact your credit  union to see if they've made any changes and/or Quicken Support.  Here's the LINK to Quicken Support.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tcoleycpa
    tcoleycpa Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I am also having issues now connecting to Knoxville TVA Credit Union to download activity. I can log in via website with password, but Quicken direct connect using same password has stopped working.
  • Dickey
    Dickey Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have reported the issue to the credit union on 12/2/2021. While they have responded, it is NOT encouraging in that they gave no root cause, no ETA in which to address and have stopped responding to my repeated requests. Needless to say, my frustration level with their vague responses is very high. I also have a very low tolerance to technical issues that I feel are self imposed when they updated their website and obviously didn't include Quicken downloads in their testing plans.
  • pmc5
    pmc5 Member
    Options
    I am getting an OL-294-A error when trying to update.
  • kkb226
    kkb226 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I called the credit union. They are aware of problem and said they are working a resolution. Took my phone number to call me when resolved. Was last able to update on 12/3/21 . Has now been 12 days without resolution
  • Dickey
    Dickey Member ✭✭
    Options
    TVA CU continues to research with no ETA, no root cause and no re-assurances this won't happen again. They also offered up performing manual imports for each account. Unless I'm missing something within Quicken, once that manual import occurs on the account, the "Direct Connect" link is broken and once the credit union resolves their issue, each of those accounts will have to be re-linked. In my case, I have approximately 6 accounts and not in favor of this extra work work-around but it might be useful to someone else on this forum that doesn't rely as heavily on this CU as I do.
  • kkb226
    kkb226 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have not been able to download from Knoxville TVA CU since 12/03/2. I called them, they are aware of problem and gave me the impression they were trying to resolve. They are supposed to notify me when fixed but that is more than a week ago now. I did manually import. I have about 6 accounts there as well. I tried to reset but it is unable to do that either.
  • Dickey
    Dickey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have finally had voice-to-voice conversations with the CU. They've asked for my IP address in order to white-list. That was yesterday (12/16) and still having the same issue this morning. Talked to a Mary Whitley (CU employee) that said she'll contact "them" updating the incident with the connection log I provided this morning. Guessing all of this is 3rd-partied out and having to work with the vendor for a resolution. My interpretation is that means more time and pains taking trial and error to maybe arrive at a resolution.
  • PH1
    PH1 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem since at least 10/31/2021 which is when I contacted KTVACU. I was getting OL-294-A. The response was that they were unaware of any problems, must be my Quicken or perhaps it was out of date. My Quicken is up to date, so I did manual downloads that week. Next week I was able to delete all my connection information, set back up, and it worked intermittently. I let the CU know in case other customers had issues, they thanked me and didn't know or acknowledge they have a problem. Last few weeks has not updated consistently, so I deleted everything related to connections today and tried to set back up and it will not connect at all now. Back to manual downloads.

I thought it was probably obvious that this started right after they rolled out the new web login, so I expected they would understand/acknowledge the problem. It sounds like some of you have gotten better information. Thank you for sharing here.
  • Dickey
    Dickey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having some intermittent success but issue for the majority of the time continues. As of today (12/21) there's a new error message as seen in the connection logs which is:

20211221 17:29:52: QFN: Beginning send to https://olb.tvacreditunion.com/OFXDirect/OFXRqst.aspx
    20211221 17:29:52: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305875
    20211221 17:29:52: The application has been denied access to the server. Try again now, or wait and try later.
    20211221 17:29:52: QFN: End send to https://olb.tvacreditunion.com/OFXDirect/OFXRqst.aspx, netstatus 15

I have shared the above message with TVA but not expecting much as they don't see to have much ability to resolve their own errors. None-the-less, will keep this string updated as I learn more.

Needless to say, I'm looking for another financial institution.
  • Balyra
    Balyra Member ✭✭
    Options
    Haven't been able to direct connect myself since December 3rd or 5th. I have been back and forth with Quicken chat and Knoxville TVA CU so many times.
  • Eug
    Eug Member
    Options
    I started seeing issues around Dec. 3. Since then, I was able to connect one time and now back to errors. TVA CU seems lost on the matter. They say they are aware of the issue, but gave no information as to when we can expect it to work again. Their lack of notification of an issue for their customers is a bad look. I'm beginning to lose faith in TVA CU to resolve this issue and I wonder what else they will get wrong.
  • Balyra
    Balyra Member ✭✭
    Options
    I haven't been able to connect to Knoxville TVA Credit Union via Direct Connect since early December around the time that they changed their login sequence on their website. Quicken support and TVA support haven't been much help in resolving it so far. I have tried changing the connection method to no avail. After about 18 years of using Quicken, this is the most frustrated I have been with the program. I had the same issue in early November 2021 and through extensive support from Quicken, it finally got resolved, until around December 3rd-5th 2021. I have been in contact with support chat and only got the response that it was an issue with my bank and TVA has told me on December 17th that the bank is aware of the problem and is working to resolve the problem. Nothing new since. Anybody else with this problem? Or any solutions available that I don't know about?
  • Dickey
    Dickey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update - 12/22/21 - Received a call from the credit union earlier today saying I had been whitelisted (again) and asked that I re-try. My re-attempt was successful after re-linking accounts. Don't know if this is a permanent fix or intermittent. Also not sure why I had to be whitelisted again as my IP has not changed.