Quicken (Win) now adding "null" to the Check Number field

For my Citibank Checking account, One Step Updates, all downloaded transactions include a "null" entry in the Check Number field if the transaction isn't a check.

Quicken issue?  Citibank issue?

Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.

Comments

• Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Forgot to mention.  Windows 10 Pro 64.  Quicken Pro subscription, up to date.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Phil Burton

I think this has to be a Citi issue.  I've never seen this in Quicken for any account download or otherwise.  

Can you give us any additional information and/or a timeframe as to when this started?

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Phil Burton
    @Frankx I first noticed this issue about 4-5 days ago.  Then I noticed it again today.

Additional information:  For most of December, One Step Update has been working only for credit card accounts.  For Checking and Savings, I have needed to do a QFX download from the website, something I really hate because duplicates are not automatically filtered out.  [Of course, this is a separate issue.]

I have NOT done any account config on the Citibank website.

For non-check transactions, I usually enter a transaction type code like "POS" for point of sale transaction.  I have not had any problem replacing "null" with "POS" or other codes.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Pro subscription, up to date.
    No such thing as Quicken Pro.

And instead of "up to date," it is important to provide the actual release number. They are changing faster than anyone can keep up with -- more than once today alone.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Phil Burton
    Ooops.  I meant Premier.  (I have a number of other applications that are "Pro" ...)

As of now, 3.33 pm PST, 31 December 2021, I am running R36.57, build 27.1.36.57.  I am pretty sure that Quicken has not done an update since I did this download about 1 pm PST.

• Phil Burton
    Ooops.  I meant Premier.  (I have a number of other applications that are "Pro" ...)

As of now, 3.33 pm PST, 31 December 2021, I am running R36.57, build 27.1.36.57.  I am pretty sure that Quicken has not done an update since I did this download about 1 pm PST.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Pretty sure? Did you look? As Dorothy Gale might say, "Releases come and go so quickly around here!"
    This is not a recommendation to update to R37. We're not sure everything works right and it's a holiday weekend.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Phil Burton
    I did look.  If it wasn't so cumbersome to include a screenshot, I would have posted that instead of just copying the info.
  • Phil Burton
    And I won't do an update until the Quicken program insists that I do.

All these releases bunched so close together?  Is there a critical severity bug (and then another and another) or just poor software quality control?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Phil Burton,

Best guess is still that it is Citi download related.  I suggest that you hang tight and see what the New Year brings.  Oh, and Happy New Year!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Phil Burton

Having no real choice, I will of course hang tight.  To be clear, this is not the kind of problem that causes Quicken to malfunction.  It's really just a minor annoyance.  If this problem isn't cleared up by say Jan. 15th, then I'll do a chat session with Citibank support. 

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Phil Burton, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. Pardon the frustration and inconvenience caused by this issue. There is currently an open alert but it is regarding Quicken for Mac users at this time. Although, it seems that there may be a correlation with Quicken for Windows users.

If you feel inclined could you please submit a bug report? This can be done by selecting Help >Report a problem. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma