Unable to download Vanguard transactions

When I attempt to download from Vanguard I get, "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file.[OL-362-A]

[OL-362-B]"

This wasn't a problem at the beginning of Dec 2021 when I successfully downloaded transactions. I de-activated all my Vanguard accounts and re-activated, mapping the appropriate account(I have 3 at Vanguard). Went to Online services and reset, nothing works.

[Removed-Disruptive]
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    manookian said:
    When I attempt to download from Vanguard I get, "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file.[OL-362-A]

[OL-362-B]"

This wasn't a problem at the beginning of Dec 2021 when I successfully downloaded transactions. I de-activated all my Vanguard accounts and re-activated, mapping the appropriate account(I have 3 at Vanguard). Went to Online services and reset, nothing works.

The customer service surrounding connection issues is awful at best.
    Hello manookian,

Thank you for bringing this matter up for discussion on the Quicken Community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these frustrating error messages. Is there any way you would be willing to file a report so that our support teams can analyze the data related to this issue? You can do this by going to Help>Report a problem.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Papasoz
    Papasoz Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed-Mac User/Duplicate]
  • Pacifica Bob
    Pacifica Bob Member ✭✭✭
    OL-362A "... downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken da..." with Merrill and Vanguard accounts. NO changes in MY Quicken configuration since successful downloads yesterday from these institutions.
  • Pacifica Bob
    Pacifica Bob Member ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh. I've been doing this for many years and should have immediately tried ... restart the program ... if no satisfaction, then reboot the computer. This time it only took restarting Quicken to get rid of the OL-362A error with these two institutions. Getting spoiled by code that works. YMMV Cheers!
  • Chuck77
    Chuck77 Member ✭✭
    The problem of Quicken failing to download from Vanguard by the "account doesn't exist" has been ongoing for more than a year. I've submitted numerous problem reports into that trash shredder link. Nothing ever done. My Fidelity account offers a similar and well coded alternative that updates all accounts, offer e-pay, pay-to-person and trading. I'm seriously wondering whether Q is worth the money and the headaches.
  • I'm joining the Vangard can't download transactions club. Tried the reactivate workaround , with no luck, even though it said the last 17 days of transactions were downloaded (not!). Similar issues to others. I'm wondering about cost too, as the quality of Quicken stability seems to be going down the more I pay for it.
  • Larry D.
    Larry D. Member
    Possible solution. I don't know if this will hold true for others, but I stumbled onto a solution that seems to be working for me, so far.

I've been having issues downloading from Vanguard, using direct connect (one step update) for years. The only working solution was to deactivate online services in Quicken and use manual OFX downloads (web connect). Manual downloads were fine until one of my investments no longer had a ticker symbol to track, so I decided to give direct connect a try again. Sadly, I had the same old "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist" OL-362-A errors. In addition to that, when I try to import an OFX file while configured for direct connect, I would get the same error.

Digging into the issue a bit more, I compared the account details page with web connect vs direct connect and noticed that the username was lowercase with direct connect and uppercase with web connect. I then looked at the OFX file downloaded from Vanguard and noticed that the username was uppercase. I hand edited the username in the OFX file and, surprisingly, it imported. I tried changing the username in account details to uppercase but that caused one step update to fail for some reason. So I deactivated and reactivated, but making sure I used uppercase for the username. Bingo, I can now download using one step update (direct connect) and still import OFX files manually if needed.

In short, if you are having OL-362-A errors with Vanguard try deactivating and reactivating with an uppercase username.

I hope this helps others resolve this lingering issue. Maybe quicken can fix their software so the username comparison isn't case sensitive.
This discussion has been closed.