Credit Score Not Displaying Correct Details

LukyDuck
LukyDuck Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I recently updated my Credit Score. Upon reviewing the details I noticed that TWO (2) of the details are being displayed incorrectly.

Credit Card Usage - This section is including my mortgage and is displaying the "About Credit Card Usage" as Poor (64%).

Age of Credit - This section is NOT displaying the "Average Age of Credit". This section is BLANK. It does display the "Oldest Account" information, but is NOT displaying the "Newest Account" details. The "About Age of Credit" bar is displaying me as having ZERO years of credit due to the "Average Age of Credit" being blank.

Even though the above two items are NOT being displayed properly, the credit score looks like it is correct by displaying 818.

I do not recall ever seeing any issues with the details of my credit score in the past. Something is amiss with this area and is not working correctly.

Is there anything I can do to fix these issues so that they display correctly?

Comments

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hello @LukyDuck, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue and I completely understand how concerning it may be. 
    Because Quicken does not control the content of the credit report, you must contact Equifax if you have a dispute. You can contact Equifax directly by clicking the link at the bottom of the credit score page. When you click the "Contact Equifax" link, a pop-up appears with information on how to contact Equifax by mail or via their online dispute form. For more information on this, please visit this FAQ
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-can-i-get-my-credit-score-quicken
    - Quicken Jade
  • MrTimmy
    MrTimmy Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue, and the link to Equifax doesn't work. My score is correct, but I see the age of accounts way off and the mortgage and credit card utilization is combined. Is there a way to reset the current "download" and try again in a few days?
  • Numberman
    Numberman Member
    Agreed. Not only combined mortgage with credit cards, but the total showing exceeds all my debts put together. The advice to contact Experian doesn't help since their information is correct. If Quicken provided a click through to show what components make up their calculation, it would aid in identifying the mistake.
  • cdburgerjr
    cdburgerjr Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Between the last credit score check (10/19/21) and this one (01/22/22), the Credit Card Usage switched from displaying only the revolving credit total to show the total of ALL accounts listed in the Equifax report. The credit report is correct. The amounts shown by Quicken and Equifax are correct. Quicken and Equifax agree down to the dollar. The fact that Quicken displays the total of all credit balances/limits for the "Credit Card Usage" section is NOT correct.

Quicken support/mods, please read this carefully. Quicken is including Mortgage and Installment balances in with the total Credit Card Usage along with the Revolving balance. This is not correct and it is not a credit report dispute issue.

In addition, the "Age of Credit" graph shows "undefined" and "undefined", where it used to show "You're a pro" and "Lenders prefer people like you ..." I am seeing oldest, newest, average information, which is different than @LukyDuck report.

It very strongly appears that a bug has been introduced into the Credit Score dialog window.
  • lurch177
    lurch177 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Same problem for me with the most recent credit report update. When I go to Equifax directly they report individual Revolving, Mortgage, and Installment category totals correctly but Quicken appears to be adding all three together and reporting the total as "Credit Card Usage".
  • T Nelson
    T Nelson Member ✭✭
    Within the Quicken desktop program, my credit score comes up correctly; however, credit card usage is listed at 70%! I noticed that Quicken Jade claimed this is an Equifax issue, but when I signed on to Equifax to check this information, my credit score was the same, but my credit card usage was 6%--which is correct. SO . . . the issue of incorrect credit score data is certainly not an Equifax problem.
  • Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I am seeing the same problem with Credit Card usage but my age of credit is OK. It has mortgage lumped in with credit card usage. I checked Credit Karma which shows both Equifax and Transunion scores/details. They show 0% credit card usage (correct) instead of the 42% Quicken shows. This doesn't seem to be a credit score service issue.
  • nacho628
    nacho628 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I am also experiencing the same issue with the current credit score. When will Quicken be admitting they have a bug and our credit usage is WRONG. Mine says 80%, which is COMPLETELY incorrect!
  • lurch177
    lurch177 Member ✭✭
    Installation of v38.29 update this morning has changed the behavior. Quicken showed a credit score of "0" and an update available. Asking for the updated score solicited my SSN and then led to a "Error - Server Not Responding" message.
  • Bob Stevens
    Bob Stevens Member ✭✭
    Same problems here. Credit card usage reported at 42% whereas real number is ~4-5%. Also thinks that I have ~$400k in combined CC limit (so you can do the math to determine what it thinks my usage is :D). Credit age is also shown as "undefined" although my avg (>10 years), oldest (>28 years), and newest (~2 months) ages are detailed properly it looks like. Weird stuff!!
  • MSMRL62
    MSMRL62 Member
    edited March 2022
    Same here, problem still exits. Quicken support still says it's an Equifax problem [Removed - Speculation]
  • nacho628
    nacho628 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Now Quicken has responded (on another thread) that splitting the mortgage and the revolving account is considered a FEATURE ENHANCEMENT. [Removed - Disruptive]

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20246791#Comment_20246791
  • cdburgerjr
    cdburgerjr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Removed - Rant/Disruptive]
  • Alexa Brown
    Alexa Brown Member
    edited March 2022
    I also am having this problem. And I'm really aggravated that Quicken is telling me "Call Equifax. They are the ones that provide the information." [Removed - Speculation/Rant]
This discussion has been closed.