A recurring payment due 3/7/22 appeared as a deposit to my account 2/1/2022

Options
Why would such an anomaly occur? I have 8 accounts, should not have to double check everything.
This does not appear in my BofA account, only as a Quicken download. I rely so much on Quicken for accurate recordkeeping that this is scary...

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Miss Valerie,

Thanks for the clarification, and you are correct - it is "scary".  I have never had this happen to my Quicken datafile, and I can't recall seeing any similar posts here in the community.  I guess the only good news is that it is only happening in your account and not in the real world.

You also said this has happened before, which is more troubling.  My guess is that that entry became corrupted somehow.  If it is only this one recurring payment, then my suggestion would be to immediately delete that one, and then start from scratch in setting a new one up in Quicken.  I would also suggest that you move the payment date up a few days, just in case the same thing happens again.  If you are seeing a number of these - I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support - here's that LINK.

Let me know how that works out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Miss Valerie

Do you have this recurring payment setup in Quicken to be recorded automatically each month? It sounds like the date may have been inadvertently changed.  You mentioned both a "recurring payment" which is usually a payment that you make but you then say it "appeared as a deposit" which would be income, not a payment - which is it?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Miss Valerie
    Miss Valerie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Frankx, for your response. This is a State Farm e-bill payment which has been in affect for years. It is due March 7, yet, as stated, when I downloaded via one step update, it appeared in the register with a 2/2/2022 dated entry as a deposit. Frank, it's not the first time. Thoughts?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Miss Valerie,

Thanks for the clarification, and you are correct - it is "scary".  I have never had this happen to my Quicken datafile, and I can't recall seeing any similar posts here in the community.  I guess the only good news is that it is only happening in your account and not in the real world.

You also said this has happened before, which is more troubling.  My guess is that that entry became corrupted somehow.  If it is only this one recurring payment, then my suggestion would be to immediately delete that one, and then start from scratch in setting a new one up in Quicken.  I would also suggest that you move the payment date up a few days, just in case the same thing happens again.  If you are seeing a number of these - I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support - here's that LINK.

Let me know how that works out.

Frankx

• Miss Valerie
    Miss Valerie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Very informative and thoughtful. Thank you, so much, for being so kind as to share your time...I'll contact Quicken if this recurs.
This discussion has been closed.