Unable to connect to Merrill Edge

Options
GeneW
GeneW Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Having issue connecting to Merrill Edge account. Was working fine until last 3 months or so. Now it continually doesn’t log in and voids my password. Any fix?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeneW said:
    Having issue connecting to Merrill Edge account. Was working fine until last 3 months or so. Now it continually doesn’t log in and voids my password. Any fix?
    Hello GeneW,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues connecting with online banking services. Thank you so much for contacting the Quicken Community regarding this matter.

In order to do any troubleshooting, I will need some additional information from you. Do you see any error messages when you try to add or link an account? Do you know if you have updated or changed the credentials for your online account with Merrill Edge?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • GeneW
    GeneW Member
    Options
    The error I get is that I cannot access the account - that I may need to log into Merrill on line to verify I'm a valid user. Each time I do this and answer a security question, Quicken is able to download info once. The next time I attempt without first logging into Merrill, I get the error. This is the only account I have an issue with.
    I needed to update my password bc Quicken trying unsuccessfully to log in causes Merrill to lock me out.
    Logging in after login into Website seems to work.
  • AndyFra
    AndyFra Member
    Options
    Over the last month, I've never been able to get Quicken Mac to connect to Merrill Edge. I get error:
    "There was a problem during communication with our servers| Can't set up 'Merrill Edge' | AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (ACCOUNT_MISMATCH:FDP-106)". Tried many different days and times over the last month. Never worked. And I never had a problem connecting from Quicken Windows. Is Quicken Mac broken wrt Merrill Edge connector?
  • AndyFra
    AndyFra Member
    Options
    Seems the "Merrill Edge" connector in Quicken Mac is a misnomer. Shouldn't be used per Quicken support. Use the Merrill Lynch Investments connector instead. Here's what eventually worked for me:

1) Disconnect any existing Quicken-Merrill syncs from Quicken Windows

2) Use the "Merrill Lynch Investments" Quicken Mac connector "Direct Connect" method (do *not* use the MerrillEdge connector on Quicken Mac, Quicken support person had no clue what it even was??) and set up sync

3) After #2 fails to find the Merrill Lynch Investments account, login to MerrillEdge.com website and you'll see a popup allowing you enable Quicken on the account. You then have 10 minutes to get Quicken Mac to sync

4) Redo #2 and it should work

Hope this helps someone else.
This discussion has been closed.