Why do I have to enter my password when I open my Quicken?

There was a similar discussion from 2020 where this problem appeared to be fixed with an upgrade. But the issue has just appeared for me and I'm running the latest R38.29, Build 27.1.38,29 for Windows 10 Enterprise.
I have 3 Quicken files I use regularly. Each time I select one of them, the "Enter Quicken ID Password" screen appears. I don't have enter the password and sign in, I can just "X" out and use the data file. And for the record, the "Set password for this data file" setting is "Use this data file without a password". I tried setting a password and then clearing it to see if that would resolve the issue. But that didn't help.
When I select one of the other two data files, this does not occur. So it's probably an issue with the data file itself rather than the Quicken application. Any ideas what's up?
Thanks.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Hi @pantz9,

Which version of Quicken are you running?  Also, can you confirm that it is a request for your "Quicken ID and Password" in the pop-up, rather than a Quicken File password?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I have also been having the exact same issue after updating to the same version. Also have 3 data files and it only happens with this one particular file. I have Quicken running on two computers and it happens on both pc’s.

In answer to Frank’s question, it is a request for QUICKEN ID and password.
    Running Quicken Deluxe Version R38.29
  • pantz9
    pantz9 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx. I'm running R38.29, Build 27.1.38.29 for Windows 10 Enterprise. And the pop up header says "Enter Quicken ID Password".
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Navigate to EditPreferences...Quicken ID & Cloud accountsClick Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)Follow the prompts to Sign Out Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    [Edited Screenshot to Remove Email]
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Navigate to EditPreferences...Quicken ID & Cloud accountsClick Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)Follow the prompts to Sign Out Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

When you sign out and sign back in, can you use the same Quicken ID, or do you have to create a new one ?

Also, in your screen shot your email address is listed. Do you want everyone to see it ? You might want to cover it up.

[Edited Screenshot to Remove Email]
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Use your same Quicken ID/password. It's a fake email address.
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Greg, you covered up your email address where I quoted you, but you didn't cover it up in your original post  :/
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I didn't cover it up. Another SU must have done it.
  • pantz9
    pantz9 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Greg & Fun. Interesting. I'll have to get home tonight to try this. I can say that I do not now, nor have I ever used any cloud services. I disabled all that (at least I thought I did). I'm a dinosaur (been using Quicken since the 90's) and I'm quite happy with just access to files on my little old PC. Hopefully an upgrade didn't turn something nefarious back on. I appreciate your quick responses.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    From what I understand, signing out of Quicken and back in again refreshes your credentials.
This discussion has been closed.