We couldn't get information about Capital One 360 - This account will be set up as a MANUAL account

Options
RSM2000
RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
I then attempted to reactivate all my Capital One accounts (entered my sign on credentials into Quicken).  Then I get the error "We are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time - Do not contact Capital One..." This has been going on for a couple of days, and I'm getting frustrated.  Seems like Quicken breaks down an awful lot, where it once was fairly robust and 'bulletproof'.  Anyone at Quicken have any suggestions or information?  Yes, I got the CC-501 error and that's when I tried to 're-activate' my Cap1 accounts.  Other banks work just fine, only the Capital One accounts have this problem.

Comments

• nwoliver
    nwoliver Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem - also looking for a reason or solution
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    still broken 2/4/2022
  • rikwvu
    rikwvu Member ✭✭
    Options
    STILL, ISNT WORKING FOR US AT 1744 EASTERN STD TIME
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Sadly... you are correct.  I was not getting the CC-501 error so I wrongly surmised the issue was resolved.  But I showed no online balance for the account at issue, when I deactivated and tried to reactivate it went into a circle and never completed online setup.  Kept seeing "redirected" then asking for my online login credentials over and over again... 
  • chrismcw
    chrismcw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here on 2/5/2022
  • stannickel
    stannickel Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Same problem for the past 6-7 months
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Wow.  Hard to understand!

• chrismcw
    chrismcw Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just resolve this problem for my accounts by using this method posted in message https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7903590/capital-one-bank-capital-one-360-and-capital-one-card-services-accounts-in-quicken
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks so much Chrismcw for finding and posting the 'fix' here in my post, I never would have found your solution.  I had to 'unhide' any 'dormant' (HIDDEN) Cap1 accounts and ADD THOSE BACK TO QUICKEN as well after unhiding them.  Following the instructions in the post you mentioned, I was ultimately successful in getting online transaction downloads to work once again.  No can of corn, I can assure you!  Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to help other people.  Much gratitude and respect!
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Drat- CC-501 error is BACK I need to talk with support. [Removed - Language]
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I did speak with support, and in the process of trial and error, discovered if you click SHOW PASSWORDS in One Step Update SETTINGS prior to trying to download transactions, you avoid the CC-501 error and the transactions DO DOWNLOAD (see screenshot).  Sadly, you must do this EACH TIME you want to download transactions, the setting "show passwords" is NOT SAVED for future Quicken sessions.  The good news is that now Quicken operates as expected for Capital One - New transactions.  You can access the One Step Update Settings box by clicking SETTINGS button in the dialog window prior to entering your One Step Update Vault password.  See screenshots (2) below:
This discussion has been closed.