Community America Credit Union Visa card account CC-501 since October 2021

Options
I have multiple accounts with Community America Credit Union, and they are get grouped together for downloads with Quicken. For several months now the Community America VISA card will no longer download transactions to quicken, yet all the other accounts do just fine. The error started as CC-800, but after about a month is changed to CC-501. I've tried resetting the account, re-adding the account, and nothing has worked. I've contacted CACU several times and they have not guidance or explanation. Has anyone else had this issue and/or might know what the is problem is?

Previously someone suggest trying this: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800. However it does not work.

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @bp192837

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. I attempted to recreate this issue on my end but was unable to do so. To obtain a better understanding of the issue could you please let us know where your main/active file is located (external hard drive, local hard drive, cloud-based storage)? Also, do you have one account or multiple through this financial institution? 

Please elaborate so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • bp192837
    bp192837 Member
    Options
    local hard drive. I have many accounts set up in quicken, including 5 CACU accounts, and the CACU VISA card is the only one that stopped working. However if I try to either "set up" the VISA account again, or if I just try to add a new CACU account using our credentials, I get this same error message.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @bp192837

Thank you for the additional details, although I am sorry to hear that your issues are still persisting. Could you please attempt a test file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have saved a backup. 

To begin please select File >New Quicken File >OK. On the popup window type in test for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created add your Community America Credit Union account(s) only. No other accounts are needed. 

When you have a moment please attempt the test file and let us know how it goes! Be specific if you encounter the same error or a different one 

-Quicken Paloma
  • bp192837
    bp192837 Member
    Options
    OK I tried this experiment. So this time, no errors . All accounts got added, but I noticed that transactions (only going back to 11/30/21) downloaded for all accounts _except_ the VISA card account. No transactions were downloaded for the visa card account, although it did create an opening balance equal to the current balance. There should be plenty to download so I don't know why it didn't pull any down. So this seems like it is almost working, except for the CACU VISA card account

This is sort of how I noticed the original issue initially. I had noticed that new transactions on the credit card account stopped being downloaded by Quicken for a couple of months. Then after several attempts to fix the problem by resetting or re-linking the accounts, at some point I started getting those errors I mentioned.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bp192837 said:
    OK I tried this experiment. So this time, no errors . All accounts got added, but I noticed that transactions (only going back to 11/30/21) downloaded for all accounts _except_ the VISA card account. No transactions were downloaded for the visa card account, although it did create an opening balance equal to the current balance. There should be plenty to download so I don't know why it didn't pull any down. So this seems like it is almost working, except for the CACU VISA card account

This is sort of how I noticed the original issue initially. I had noticed that new transactions on the credit card account stopped being downloaded by Quicken for a couple of months. Then after several attempts to fix the problem by resetting or re-linking the accounts, at some point I started getting those errors I mentioned.
    Hello @bp19287

I am sorry that the CACU Visa card is still being affected by these download issues. Thank you for keeping in touch with us and providing updates regarding the situation.

What connection method is being used to link the Visa card? You can check this by going to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen and looking at the Transaction Download column.

I look forward to your response and hope to continue working with you on this problem.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bp192837
    bp192837 Member
    Options
    According to the transaction download column, all of the CACU accounts just added in Test database are using Express Web Connect.

If I open my normal main Quicken file, it is the same except that CACU Visa card account is not "set up" for transaction download due to the error condition I mentioned that occurs when trying to set it up now. But other than that, all the others are Express Web Connect.

thanks-
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bp192837 said:
    According to the transaction download column, all of the CACU accounts just added in Test database are using Express Web Connect.

If I open my normal main Quicken file, it is the same except that CACU Visa card account is not "set up" for transaction download due to the error condition I mentioned that occurs when trying to set it up now. But other than that, all the others are Express Web Connect.

thanks-
    Hello @bp192837,     

Thank you for continuing to speak with me about the situation, and I am sorry that the issue remains.

Is it possible that there is another recommended connection method for this particular CACU account? I would advise that you reach out through Community America Credit Union's support line in order to inquire about this. It may be necessary to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or an escalations team, as these personnel are more likely to be familiar with third-party software such as Quicken.

I hope to hear back from you with any possible updates regarding the situation, if you should have the opportunity to speak with us again on the Quicken Community.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.