Express Web Connect not working, Direct Connect is fine. Update hangs.

RSM1
RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
Appears to be similar issue to 12/20/21 supposedly a server issue on Quicken's end corrected and were going to work with the vendor to make sure it doesn't happen again. Well, it appears to be happening again today, 3/9/22 as of the latest release, R39.21. If there is a timeout of 30 minutes (who writes in code for a timeout for that long? crazy.) I must not be letting it hang for 30 minutes, though seems like it.

Comments

• MikeS 18
    MikeS 18 Member ✭✭
    Agree. This release broke the sync again. Put a cancel button back on that screen if you can't guarantee it works. I HATE having to crash the program via task manager.
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    Still unable to sync express web connections as of 1:15 PM Eastern. Must be a server crash this time or something worse.
  • ColinG
    ColinG Member ✭✭
    No EWC functionality for Quicken Home & Business Canada subscription as of March 7, 2022. I called support and all they can say it is an ongoing issue. Last successful connection/download was March 6, 2022.
  • artdyck
    artdyck Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Accounts that use Direct Connect work fine but accounts that use Express Web Connect hang up and the only way to move forward is to use Task Manager to abort Quicken. I had some luck today (for quite a while) with EWC working okay, but then again this evening it is hanging again. Comes and goes.
  • artdyck
    artdyck Member ✭✭
    I agree with MikeS 18's comment. A Cancel button would be nice. Killing Quicken with Task Manager is bad. I worry the database might get corrupted.
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    It's off and on up and down. [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    This has been off and on for over a week and will happen at random all the time. Can someone look into the issue?
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    Supposedly support has opened a ticket for this. Look into it please. Here is the ticket number sir: T9311708 This happens way to often for the increased cost of the subscription. And I'm not the only one affected as noted by other posts. Seems there is something with the connections to the servers on Quicken. How to fix?
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    No word on the ticket yet. One step continues to fail on express web connect accounts. Continuing (ongoing) issues with Capital One reauthorization, Ongoing issue with other bank downloads. [Removed - Off Topic/Rant]
  • mskot
    mskot Member
    edited March 2022
    Same issue, I made the mistake if trying the update from 38.30 to latest and greatest to fix Capital One and Marcus By Goldman Sachs issues. Now all Express Web Connect downloads hang.. [Removed - Off Topic]
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    Still no successful updates to express web connect accounts. Support has not updated the ticket as of yet.
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    maybe this announcement has something to do with the issue? I was updated properly by the way and was working since 2/27/22, but I can't help but suspect whatever new backend is in place is causing the issue.

---
    As changes are being made to a new backend online banking process, users will be required to have the latest release installed by 2/27/2022.

This is critical as any users who have not updated by this date will have all Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect connectivity interrupted.
  • MikeS 18
    MikeS 18 Member ✭✭
    I spent time on chat yesterday and we did a lot of different things to try to get this to work. In the end I was able to solve all issues by turning off windows firewall and then turning it back on. Apparently, windows updates sometimes blocks quicken from access external things and resetting corrects the problem. Don't know if it will work for you, but it resolved One Step Hangs for my Capital One, Schwab and Paypal accounts.
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Tried turning off firewall, no luck. Also no update n ticket. On hold with them again now. They are still under the assumption that something on my end as usual.
This discussion has been closed.